Revenue Operations Supervisor
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Revenue Operations Supervisor to join our leadership team.
The Revenue Operations Supervisor is primarily responsible for coordinating and supervising the day-to-day activities of the Credit, Prepaid, Patient Estimates and Payment Review teams. The individual in this position will maintain control of workflows and define/implement processes to increase overall timeliness and efficiency of the unit. The Supervisor is accountable for ensuring refunds, credit balances, prepaid accounts, patient estimates and under/overpayments are worked and resolved appropriately and timely.
The Revenue Cycle Supervisor will be expected to:
- Prioritize and assign tasks to staff, monitor workload, implement process improvements, perform quality assessment, and track productivity.
- Review and assign contract verification requests from other departments and ensure timely follow-up.
- Collaborate with other departments regarding processes, questions and various projects as needed.
- Review refund requests for approval and monitor denied refund requests which may involve working with the Finance Dept. on balancing or correcting refund requests as needed.
- Evaluate processes and develop specific plan for improvement of existing processes and procedures.
- Assess individual employee progress and identify specific areas needing improvement.
- Assist in hiring, evaluating employee performance and deploying corrective action when necessary.
- Train and assist employees in acquiring knowledge and skills essential for effective job performance.
- Monitor and address employee issues and assist in administering disciplinary action as appropriate and in accordance with CU Medicine policy and Manager approval.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned by management
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a professional medical billing setting. Must also have at least 3 years of supervisory experience in a progressively responsible role. Preference will be given to candidates with proven leadership ability in coordination of workflow for staff of at least 10 personnel. High level PC application skills and knowledge of computer accounting systems and applications is required. Must have a firm knowledge and understanding of insurance benefit plans, payer contracting, government rules and regulations for overpayments and a strong understanding of bookkeeping standards, balancing and accounts receivable management. The ideal candidate will be skilled in analyzing account information and resolving problems. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with administration, other departments within UPI and/or physicians is essential. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills combined with the ability to exercise sound judgment is key.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America