Specialized Billing Specialist
CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Accounts Receivable Resolution Department as a Specialized Billing Specialist.
The individual in this position is responsible for coordinating “Special Accounts” receivables which includes: Prepaid, Transplant, Company Accounts, and Research Grants. The Specialist will be tasked with working toward successful reduction in outstanding monies for assigned or specified divisions or projects. The ideal candidate will work cooperatively with all co-workers and hospital counterparts.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and resolve contracted accounts through assigned work in electronic billing system (Centricity Business) and other tools.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the different procedures and workflows for each of the Special Account types listed above.
- Build and maintain constructive and professional relationships with faculty, patients, administrators, hospital and CU Medicine staff.
- Verify received payments are correct, in complete accordance with contract requirements and posted to appropriate charges.
- Appeal carrier denials through coding review, contract review, medical record review and carrier interaction.
- Collaborate with clinics, carriers, and staff to resolve outstanding accounts.
- Maintain detailed account information in Centricity Business.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned by management.
Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of experience in healthcare with exposure to direct patient contact on billing issues, insurance billing and medical terminology. Must demonstrate a basic understanding of CPT/ICD-10 coding, medical terminology and accounts receivable management. Current PC software application skills and knowledge of computer accounting systems and applications is required. GE Centricity experience is a plus. Strong interpersonal skills, high level verbal and written communication, professional maturity, and the ability to exercise sound judgment are all essential characteristics to success. Must be skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with administration and/or physicians.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America