Manager of Accounting & Finance
CU Medicine provides business and administrative support services for the 3,000+ providers of the University of Colorado School of Medicine (SOM) spanning 20+ clinical departments. CU Medicine’s total revenues for fiscal year 2019 were over $1 billion. The CU Medicine Finance department handles financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable, professional services contract processing as well as other administrative services.
The Manager of Accounting & Finance is responsible for month-end close and quarterly accrual processes and completion of associated financial statements. In addition, this position oversees physician incentives and annual budgeting and has responsibility for daily supervision of the Financial Reporting Team, inclusive of payroll accounting.
Scope of responsibility includes but is not limited to:
- Manage the cash basis month-end close and the accrual basis quarterly close processes, both resulting in timely and accurate distribution of Financial Statements.
- Monthly Financial Reporting package includes profit and loss statements and general ledger reports
- Quarterly Financial Reporting package includes balance sheets and statements of revenue, expenses and changes in net position, and variance analysis
- Partner with leadership across 12 corporate departments and 23 School Of Medicine (SOM) departments to support annual budgeting activities which includes developing the process; establishing timelines and collection methodology; verifying results; and summarizing results for Finance Committee and Board approval.
- Verify and present financial reporting results to SOM leadership in support of the physician incentive process ensuring compliance with approved plans and performing research as required by unique circumstances.
- Supervise the Financial Reporting staff which is comprised of a Senior Accountant, 3 Staff Accountants, and includes oversight of payroll accounting functions.
- Respond to all escalated financial inquiries from SOM administrators and CU Medicine administrative managers and staff.
- Review and approve journal entries related to month-end close, including payroll, quarterly accruals and audit.
- Lead staff accounting team through interim and year-end audit which includes oversight of deliverables to the auditors and compliance with established timelines.
- Interpret various contract arrangements and advise on strategy to implement funds flow into accounting data structure.
- Analyze current processes and recommend process improvements and automation opportunities to management.
- Perform technical research and lead implementation of new accounting standards (GASB).
- Manage data collection and provide oversight of sales tax and unrelated business income (as reported on form 990-T).
- Oversee completion of various financial surveys throughout the year.
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires 7+ years of relevant accounting experience and a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field. CPA and/or GASB experience is highly preferred. Must have previous supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in internal controls coming from a larger public/SOX organization or gained through experience as an external auditor. Must be an intermediate and/or advanced user of Microsoft Excel. Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus. The ability to effectively prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines is key to success.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America