CU Medicine is dedicated to providing healthcare and administrative support to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine’s nearly 3,000 providers. We are seeking a motivated Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
The Staff Accountant will play a key role in managing accounts payable activities and will be responsible for new vendor set up and payment processing. The individual in this role will also be responsible for maintaining accounts payable and medical/legal journal entries, responding to department and vendor inquiries, supporting & training users on accounts payable systems and policies, completing account reconciliations and performing related analysis. This role is a great opportunity for an accounting professional early in their career, or an experienced accountant with an expertise in accounts payable.
The Staff Accountant will:
• Create new vendor records in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
• Process weekly payments via various methods
• Prepare monthly journal entries.
• Respond to vendor and internal inquiries.
• Process check void requests.
• Prepare account reconciliations and aid in issue resolution.
• Create payment reports, as requested.
• Train and support users of accounts payable systems and policies.
• Review credit card expenses for adherence to policy.
• Provide supporting documents for the annual audit and for the quarterly accrual entries, as needed.
• Track the medical/legal and consulting reserve form and annual renewal process.
• Assist with annual 1099 preparation.
• Perform other duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 1 year of general accounting experience and an Associate’s degree in accounting or a related field. Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred. Must possess solid knowledge and understanding of general accounting principles. Strong organizational and analytical skills are required. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work independently, take ownership of projects, and effectively prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines. Must be an intermediate to advanced user of Microsoft Excel. The ability to work proficiently while navigating multiple accounts payable and accounting systems is essential to success.
All applications MUST be submitted via our website.
CU Medicine is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our staff and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees prior to their employment. Additionally, drug and health screenings may be required for some positions. We are an equal opportunity employer.
CU Medicine supports a Tobacco Free Workplace Environment which prohibits smoking and the use of tobacco products on CU Medicine property, Anschutz Medical Campus and adjacent business locations.
- Pay Type Salary
- University of Colorado Medicine, 13199 E MONTVIEW BLVD, AURORA, Colorado, United States of America