New Accounts Specialist
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The New Accounts Specialist is responsible for opening and closing customer Certificate of Deposit (CD) requests within the new accounts CD software, processing monthly interest payments, maintenance of the Bank’s CD portfolio, both new and existing accounts, as well as adhering to policies and procedures as they relate to new accounts and relevant regulations including:
· Account relationship due diligence – Adherence with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), USA Patriot Act and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) requirements including Customer Identification Program (CIP) and Know Your Customer (KYC)
· New account assessment and documentation – CD customer application review as well as ensuring accurate, timely and regulatory compliant receipt and maintenance of customer documentation
· New account customer inquiry research and case resolution
· Account general ledger transaction balancing – monitoring transactions and entries to ensure general ledger balance accuracy
· Excellent customer service delivery to both internal and external customers
· Other duties as assigned
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Certificate of Deposit transactions to include:
o CD issuance and redemption – accurate, timely and appropriate wire transaction execution, with corresponding general ledger and system maintenance entries
o CD renewals – renewals with appropriate and corresponding documentation and system maintenance entries
o Monthly CD interest payment transactions – issuance, documentation, monitoring and interest register reconciliation
· CD portfolio review, monitoring, and software application maintenance
· Daily posting, reconciliation and verification of all certificate related transactions to the general ledger and to cash
· Responding to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
· Research and resolution of interest payment or other exception item issues
· Providing back-up support for other Treasury Operations functions as needed
· At least 3 years’ experience in an electronic new accounts environment with preference given to candidates with commercial/consumer certificate of deposit audit exposure
· Familiarity with journal entry transactions and general ledger software systems, preferably Great Plains
· Experience working in a corporate new accounts’ environment with knowledge of business documentation and deposit regulatory compliance requirements
· Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
· Strong organization skills
· Excellent written and verbal communicator
· Ability to work in a Windows environment, specifically with skill set level:
o Word – Intermediate:
§ Open, close, create, and format documents.
o Excel – Intermediate:
§ Open, close, create, and format worksheets.
§ Import or export data to and from a worksheet.
§ Copy formats or formulas within worksheet, preserving existing functionality.
· Experience with new accounts software
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA