Data Engineer III
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
This role is an experienced Development Data Engineer that will assist in designing, developing and deploying data-driven solutions as part of a strategic data transformation effort. The candidate will join a team of Data Architects and Engineers who will be responsible for optimizing and transforming our data architecture, infrastructure, operations, and related functions. This team will work with developers, architects, business / data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data solutions.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Leverage modern data management toolsets and coding methods to design, build, implement, and optimize data solutions of all types – including support for OLTP and API/Microservices, data warehouses, data lakes, ODS, streaming data, analytic and BI/visualizations, etc.
- Transform legacy data structures and processes to modern, capable, and secure solutions in a hybrid cloud setup.
- Apply Data Engineering & Design best practices to architect solutions, using a deep understanding of various data formats and database design approaches.
- Design and Implement Data Services (DaaS) for consumption and various manipulations throughout the Data Ecosystem applying the “contract first” design principle and including use of API, Microservices, Microbatch, ELT Pipeline and other methods.
- Build best-practice driven data ingestion, develop tooling for increasing scale, accuracy and automation in data pipeline, to integrate with decisioning, AI/NLP and consuming systems.
- Ensure data security by designing controls and protection strategies.
- Enable application performance and modernization by creating appropriate data capabilities to match.
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, development and operations roles, including experience with transformational efforts.
- Strong Database skills, with RDBMS (E.g., Oracle, SQL) as well as modern relational and unstructured data sources (like NoSQL), including cloud services (AWS/GCP/Azure). Hands on experience using tools is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Tools (or similar) such as Hadoop Stack, Airflow, Kafka, NiFi, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, ElasticSearch (ELK), JSON, Parquet, Avro and other Data Storage formats, Tableau, Superset and other Visualization Tools, Apache Atlas, and other Data-centric Apache Packages.
- Knowledge of Design Patterns for Software and Data Engineering.
- Experience in on-prem and hybrid cloud infrastructure, including service and cost optimization.
- Experience with production and analytics data, batch and real time / streaming, etc.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA