Assistant Vice President, Procurement
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
The Assistant Vice President of Procurement is responsible for creating and driving strategic sourcing for a group of spend categories with enterprise-wide responsibilities for the procurement strategies of direct and indirect spend categories as well as collaboration with all functions to secure optimal purchasing opportunities for Credit One Bank. Strategic business partner, interfacing at the Senior Vice President and Vice President levels of the company, with the ability to understand customer needs and drive results to achieve customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for a company-wide initiative to move from a decentralized procurement model to a centralized procurement model. High expectations of strong individual contribution while growing a lean team.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
· Lead creation and implementation of sourcing and demand management strategies for a newly established centralized procurement function: categories of spend, manage the development of RFx materials, detailed analysis of proposals and vendor capabilities, negotiations and supplier selection as well as perform player/coach for staff to produce the same results for their respective areas.
· Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative approach to drive best practices.
· Hire, develop, lead and coach a team responsible to strategically partner with business unit leaders and contribute to client strategy by providing procurement expertise and strategic partnering for purchasing opportunities. Counsel functional leaders regarding purchasing processes, technology capabilities and policies to assist in the procurement lifecycle.
· Build and manage relationships with priority business executives, serves as a key member of the Executive team to support implementation of business strategies through advanced procurement initiatives and team alignment, facilitate the entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with clients to select and award business to suppliers. Demonstrates a strategic business mindset, organizational savvy, presents an executive-level presence, and balances multiple stakeholder interests simultaneously.
· Create, drive and mentor staff in long-term strategic planning efforts for assigned sourcing categories including advanced multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles.
· Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or renegotiate existing contracts to accomplish lowest total system cost and savings objectives as well as perform player/coach for staff to produce the same results for their respective areas.
· Conduct category spend analyses and reporting, supplier stratification, supply market and category industry research as well as perform player/coach for staff to produce the same results for their respective areas.
· Provide oversight and evaluate ethical procurement practices of contracted goods and services which includes compliance with corporate and departmental policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations
· Strong individual contribution while growing a lean team
· Proven leadership skills – ability to motivate others to quickly achieve results in a matrixed environment
· Uses knowledge of industry and market trends to develop and champion long-term strategies
· Demonstrates the ability to effectively persuade others to listen, commit, and act on a new approach
· Strategic mindset with operational focus
· Strong individual contribution while growing the team
· Self-confident with an ability to accept and respond to challenges in a positive manner
· Manages change, ambiguity, complexity and drives for results
· Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
· Broad understanding of business issues, metrics, organizational linkages and customer value
· Strong organizational and analytical skills in addition to advanced project leadership and management skills
· Superior program and project management skills
· Advanced analytical ability
· Recent substantial individual contributions
· Bachelor’s Degree. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Engineering or other technical field, preferred.
· 10 years of experience in a procurement role
· 5 years of strategic sourcing experience with expertise in influencing business strategy and vendor relations
· Highly honed negotiation skills, developed through significant corporate sourcing environment experience
· Proven experience leading cross divisional or functional teams
· Experience writing and generating RFPs, RFIs and RFQs to suppliers
· Excellent quantitative, analytical and project management skills]
· Strong influencing skills that can be used to lead teams and build partnerships with internal resources and Credit One Bank’s supply base
· Experience transitioning from a de-centralized to centralized procurement structure
· Master’s or post-graduate Degree from an accredited four-year college or university;
· Certification in or equivalent training in Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA