Legal -Associate General Counsel/Senior Counsel
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Primary role is managing nationwide consumer financial services litigation with an emphasis on TCPA, FCRA and consumer lending matters. Familiarity with employment matters and litigation is an asset. Candidates with the requisite trial skills, and as time permits, will have the option to handle arbitrations and local matters.
- Keeping apprised of litigation trends and advising management of significant changes.
- Keeping informed on state and federal legislative and regulatory proposals that would affect the bank and its activities.
- Secondary role and for someone looking to broaden their experience could involve one or more of the following areas.
- Collaborating with marketing, risk and compliance to develop and approve materials.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts involving marketing, supply chain, servicing, SaaS, payment systems, e-commerce, consulting, NDAs and technology.
- Tracking and summarizing for business and legal colleagues legal developments, such as actions taken and guidance issued on such developments issued by the CFPB, OCC and others.
- Developing and standardizing offer terms and conditions and disclosures across businesses for credit card marketing and loyalty programs.
- Advising on targeting, segmentation, and general marketing strategies and initiatives, including but not limited to by developing policies and guidelines for such work.
- Juris Doctorate degree and a state bar license; must be qualified to register as in-house counsel in Nevada or be licensed as an attorney in Nevada.
- At least 7+ years prior experience (preferably with a bank or law firm with an emphasis on consumer credit or consumer credit litigation, although relevant financial services experience will be considered).
- Experience managing non-attorney staff. This position may oversee non-lawyer personnel who provide litigation support services.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be tech savvy and not intimidated by new systems.
- Experience or familiarity with bank regulatory matters would be helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to provide counsel and guidance on matters ranging from complex legal questions or inquires to routine day-to-day legal matters.
- Familiarity with Reg B, Reg Z, FCRA, TCPA, BSA, E-Sign, CAN-SPAM, Dodd Frank, GLB, CCPA and privacy, and UDAAP.
- Outstanding business judgement.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA