Assistant Vice President, Credit Risk Data Strategy
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
This position is a part of the Risk Management department. Our risk professionals are tasked with identifying revenue opportunities and risk trends by monitoring the performance of our existing portfolio, growth opportunities, and general market trends. We develop and implement strategies for credit line increases, authorizations, collection, fraud, retention, and the sale of revenue based products.
In the role of Assistant Vice President of Credit Risk Data Strategy, this person will be responsible for developing and managing the custom reporting solutions and data to support the credit risk team. This position will develop and maintain a full reporting suite to inform business strategy. This position will own data validation, transformation, and execution of data flow from source to end user. Several tools will be used to accomplish this; including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle SQL, SAS EG, Tableau, Microsoft Office, and Python. Utilizing these tools, this position will ensure that the highest quality data is maintained to drive decision making. This will include diagnosing data issues, delivering solutions to support complex analytics, performing deep dive and ad hoc analyses, and identifying opportunities to improve the data structure and availability. This position will also work with internal business partners to evaluate the performance of the various acquisition and portfolio programs to make data-driven recommendations regarding potential strategy changes.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Ensure strategic alignment to overall enterprise-wide data standards and goals
- Lead team to develop and create data flows and reporting solutions
- May perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats from a variety of platforms
- Develop and maintain custom reporting solutions using T-SQL, SAS, Tableau, and Microsoft tools such as Excel
- Develops best practices for report creation and deployments
- Maintains a working knowledge of Business Intelligence tools and follows best practices
- Leads work stream planning process including technical design, development, testing, and delivery of solutions
- Documents business requirements and specifications for reporting requests
- Manages team projects and supports activities of overall Credit Risk team
- Ensures prompt completion and accuracy of team projects
- Identifies and evaluates recurring data issues and implements solutions
- Serve as reporting expert for the Credit Risk team by developing report requests and interpreting data
- Provides guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members
- Anticipate issues based on knowledge of business trends and drive solutions
- Serve as an expert consultant to senior management on highly complex issues
- Provide work direction to various levels of analysts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferred majors include: Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft tool suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 6+ years of advanced experience using SQL (SSIS, SSAS, SSMS)
- 6+ years experience building ETL packages
- 6+ years of experience with Tableau or similar reporting tool
- Strong knowledge of SAS Enterprise Guide
- Ability to work well with various departments and people
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Intellectual horsepower with problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience data mining large databases
- Knowledge of financial analysis and profitability drivers.
- Ability to quickly assimilate and analyze large amounts of information.
- Must be able to lead a strong team of analysts and prioritize multiple highly impactful projects
Preferred (Not Required):
- Advanced degree in Business, Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Consumer Credit Card industry experience
- Experience with web analytics
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to read, interpret, and evaluate, financial time-series tracking reports (including vintage analysis).
- Statistical modeling experience including logistic regression, CHAID/CART analysis, and other general linear models
- Experience with R, Python, Hadoop, or SAS Enterprise Miner
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA