Director, Commercial Underwriting
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
In the role of Director of Commercial Underwriting, the position will primarily be responsible for driving the Bank’s incremental growth through commercial acquisition underwriting strategies. This position will focus on evaluating, analyzing, and reporting the impact and performance of commercial acquisition strategies, as well as conducting analysis to evaluate the risk of new and existing programs.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage commercial underwriting strategies utilizing robust cutoff analyses
- Evaluate underwriting opportunities with competitive analysis and industry insights, and assessing expected performance against baselines/targets
- Anticipates issues based on knowledge of commercial business trends and proposes solutions
- Evaluate acquisition market expansion opportunities in commercial business
- Advises on strategic decisions to ensure alignment with performance hurdles
- Aid in launching new commercial products
- Forecasting of account performance, revenues, and costs
- Interact with senior management and business owners
- Provide oversight to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to provide insight into the profitability performance trends
- Provides analytical support to ensure the company goals are met
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Commercial lending
- 7+ years of experience in Financial Services, Card Issuing, Consumer Credit, or Banking with 2+ years of people management
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, credit reporting and profitability drivers
- 4 year degree in quantitative area such as accounting, business administration, finance, mathematics, economics or a minimum of 2 years of college-level business or statistical classes and equivalent industry experience
- 4+ years advanced use of at least one of the following: Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Oracle, or SAS
- Self-starter, who can work independently with a high degree of organization on several projects at one time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the flexibility and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing, highly complex environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Sound project management skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA