Legal - Vice President, Contracts
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Credit One Bank, N.A. has an exciting opportunity for an individual to build out and lead a contracts department. This team will work closely with business partners throughout the Bank to define and document contract requirements, draft new agreements, amendments, addenda, change orders, and terminations. Participates in contract negotiation, contract administration, and vendor contact activities to ensure proper contract execution and fulfillment in accordance with Bank policies, legal requirements and business partner specifications. Participates at a significant level in defining and drafting new processes and controls to help the Bank more effectively manage overall vendor costs, improve vendor delivery and service levels, and strategically plan for vendor decisions in a timely manner. This includes partnering with internal stakeholders to create clear definitions around ownership/allocation of obligations and decisions. Advises management of contractual rights, issues and obligations by providing interpretation of terms and conditions. This position will report to the General Counsel.
Summary Essential Job Functions
- Creates best practices that align business ownership with vendor services.
- Ensures contract terms and conditions address primary business risk areas, such as indemnification, limitations of liability, and contract compliance, are addressed in the best interest of the Bank.
- Develops and maintains a contracts management system to include an inventory of all vendor contracts and engagement with business owners during the contract lifecycle to ensure all milestones, including SLAs, termination/renewal notifications, and/or replacement decision dates are properly met.
- Provides guidance to business partners on the development of Service Level Agreements and ensures meaningful remedies and recourse are included in all contracts.
- Drafts and updates policies and procedures pertaining to vendor management.
- Negotiates terms of select contracts within Bank legal, risk, and financial parameters while ensuring vendor contracts meet all compliance regulations and internal policies.
- Defines and drafts standard terms that shall be referenced and/or incorporated into all Bank vendor contracts.
- Provides interpretations of vendor contracts and render opinions on contract terms to business partners and management.
- Serves as lead negotiator and/or relationship manager with vendors as assigned on contracts.
- Prepares reports, spreadsheets and statistical data to facilitate planning and maintenance of accurate contract records and vendor relationships.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field, or J.D., and 6+ years of professional contract negotiation management, vendor relationships, or equivalent experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience leading a contracts or vendor management department required
- Experience in banking, financial service, or information technology is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office suite and Internet
- Expert knowledge of complex and high dollar amount contract negotiations and execution
- Prior experience leading a successful Contracts team
- Expert knowledge of advanced and highly complex contacts including dispute resolution
- Must be able to read, interpret, and enforce contact language, including rendering opinions on risk to executive management and legal counsel
- Ability to be a champion and agent for change
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written commutation skills with strong analytic ability
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion, and good judgment
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA