Network Operations Center Analyst I
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The NOC Analyst I will monitor and maintain systems in 24x7 high availability production environments. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and articulate, and have a proven history of using monitoring tools and task scheduling software and administrative procedures. Must be familiar with Microsoft and/or Unix/Linux operating systems and related software technologies.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Management and escalation of incidents, helpdesk operations, and process documentation.
- Basic networking troubleshooting.
- Network, server, and data processing monitoring.
- Monitor systems for capacity and performance and create metrics reporting.
- Help in system initiatives and new projects.
- Troubleshooting issues in a production environment related hardware failures, services failing, memory thresholds, disk drive utilization, network bandwidth utilization, network connectivity, and data processing job failures.
- Monitor the output of scripts for data processing jobs, monitoring systems and critical applications, and administering a centralized event console.
- Complete tasks required to maintain service levels and availability of all site. features and functions.
- Provide user administration support.
- Identify, recommend and document process improvements.
- Full-time position with on-call duties.
- 1-2+ years’ work experience as Windows and/or Unix/Linux Server Administrator or equivalent.
- Experience with Windows and/or Unix/Linux server configuration and administration that includes day-to-day monitoring and maintenance activities.
- Previous experience in a role focused on monitoring and responding to system events and scheduled processes.
- Understanding of and experience with Microsoft operating systems, Active Directory & Domain architecture, NTFS permissions, DHCP, and DNS.
- Understanding of user administration through Active Directory and Exchange.
- Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, & VLANs.
- Must have experience with using systems monitoring software (e.g. SolarWinds, HP OpenView or similar).
- Must have strong communication skills and ability to work individually, within a team, with other groups and with customers.
- Understanding of or experience with scripting - batch, PowerShell and/or VB.
- Basic understanding of and skill with MS Visio or similar tool. Should be able to create basic flow diagrams and read/understand more complex system diagrams.
- Must have ability to communicate complex technical problems concisely and professionally to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must have acute attention to detail.
- Many responsibilities precisely following complex documented procedures.
- Must be able to work well in a self-managed environment.
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Understanding of or experience supporting .NET application.
- Understanding of or experience supporting web servers.
- Understanding of or experience with backup software and recovery strategies.
- Microsoft, VMware, Unix/Linux certifications are highly desirable.
- Associates in an engineering discipline, or Technical certification in Microsoft, Cisco or Unix/Linux technologies, CompTia certifications, and/or equivalent work experience.
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as necessary by the Chief Information Officer
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA