Senior Development Manager
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
A Senior Development Manager is responsible for leading a development team which is focused on the design, integration and implementation of enterprise-level software applications. The Senior Development Manager functions as the leader of teams responsible for technical design both in regards to new projects and the migration of legacy applications to current technologies. In this position, they must have the knowledge and ability to drive the development team to the next level of efficiency and scalability.
- Proven technical and organizational leadership for development team.
- Full HR responsibility for direct and indirect reports.
- Possess the ability to learn and understand the function for which the applications are designed.
- Actively participate in project management for active projects, and provide resource planning and allocation for future projects.
- Define criteria for outsourcing, choose outsourcing vendors, and manage outsourced vendor relationships.
- Responsible for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Specify and implement code quality and development procedure best practices.
- Proven experience with managing and leading
- an internal development team which consists of driving standards improvement and updating policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to dynamic business goals and lead organizational change.
- Document system issues and resolutions for future reference.
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to delivering high quality software applications.
- Research, write or lead technical proposals.
- Serve as a technical expert applying comprehensive technical skills to unique projects or production issues.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Participate in On-Call rotation.
- Ability to make continuous improvements to the systems.
- Must be able to lead and direct multiple concurrent and complex software development efforts and communicate project and technical details to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 years prior supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience with application technology including Oracle 11G+, .Net 4.0 & above, ASP.Net, MS SQL, UML, AJAX, SOAP and XML. PL/SQL experience a plus.
- 3 years prior experience with PCI DSS and OWASP security standards.
- Ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong resource and project scheduling skills.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the credit card business.
- Ability to delegate work to subordinates.
- Experience must include unit testing, adhering to code standards, web GUI standards, version control tools, and modularity.
- Solid understanding of application frameworks and system integration methods.
- Knowledge of full lifecycle development methodologies, ability to identify and implement improvements to the SDLC.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies and software development best practices.
- Ability to balance long term vision and strategy with tactical needs.
- Ability to identify process inefficiencies and define and implement new process improvements.
- Strong database design and optimization experience.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Exceptional reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to help develop systems solutions for operational problems.
- Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Application Architecture: Identifies common business components and services that can be leveraged by multiple applications.
- Engineering Specifications: Understands, interprets and translates development requirements into the necessary designs and documentation.
- Software Design: Understands standard software modeling techniques used to describe system designs; designs components of larger software systems; utilizes existing system components that can be leveraged by multiple applications; understands capabilities of environment.
- Software Process Knowledge: Knowledge of end to end product life cycle as well as product operational cycle -conception to delivery to ongoing operations.
- Software Programming: Understands concepts of source code control and how to use tools; translates the design specification into physical code; creates and assembles code modules from existing code repositories; has detailed knowledge of one or more programming languages; uses common development tools for required language, platform, database, middleware and environment.
- Systems Analysis: Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within the cubicle area.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelors in an engineering discipline and five year of programming and/or architectural experience preferred.
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as necessary by the Chief Information Officer
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA