Systems Development Manager
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The Systems Development Manager (SDM) directs, manages, supervises and coordinates the activities of development staff that perform technical systems analysis, design, development, and maintenance activities in support of business systems. The SDM is a technical leader and possesses advanced technical and business knowledge and skills. The SDM is skilled in information management techniques, structured system development methodologies, software development tools, and change management theory.
- Directs, manages, and coordinates the services and activities of development staff assigned to the SDM.
- Ensure that the morale, productivity, training, quality of work and discipline of the staff assigned to the SDM is at an effective level.
- Manage resources and projects to ensure that the goals and needs of the business are met.
- Supervise and approve all design work and ensure that it is well documented.
- Supervise and perform quality control functions as it relates to development work to ensure that the work product meets and exceeds established business standards and practices.
- Coordinate communication between the development staff and the business analytic or project management staff.
- 2 or more years of management experience.
- 4 or more years of industry standard systems analysis techniques including data modeling, process modeling, data flow diagramming, information engineering, Unified Modeling Language UML, Rational Unified Process (RUP), business process reengineering (BPR), and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET .NET Framework, HTML, SQL.
- Solid understanding of application frameworks and system integration methods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project.
- Candidate must be able to work independently on assigned projects.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- BS/BA degree in a related technical discipline or 6 - 10 years equivalent experience
Not Required, but Preferred:
- Worked with Oracle RDBMS 10g ,11g and SQL Server 2005, 2008.
- SQL development experience
- Database design experience including knowledge of data normalization, referential integrity, indexing and database sizing
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Engineering Specifications: Understands, interprets and translates development requirements into the necessary designs and documentation.
- Software Design: Understands standard software modeling techniques used to describe system designs; designs components of larger software systems; utilizes existing system components that can be leveraged by multiple applications; understands capabilities of environment.
- Software Process Knowledge: Knowledge of end to end product life cycle as well as product operational cycle -conception to delivery to ongoing operations.
- Software Programming: Understands concepts of source code control and how to use tools; translates the design specification into physical code; creates and assembles code modules from existing code repositories; has detailed knowledge of one or more programming languages; uses common development tools for required language, platform, database, middleware and environment.
- Systems Analysis: Determines how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes, knowledge of products and system architecture.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within the cubicle area.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- BS/BA degree in a related technical discipline and 6-10 years’ experience.
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as necessary by the Chief Information Officer
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA