Infrastructure - Data Architect
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a technology and data-driven financial services company offering a full range of consumer credit card products. As one of the largest credit card banks in the United States, Credit One Bank issues Visa®, Mastercard®, and American Express® products, as well as the Official Credit Card of NASCAR® and the Vegas Golden Knights. Credit One Bank is also the official credit card partner of the Raiders and Las Vegas Aviators. Learn more at CreditOneBank.com and connect with us @CreditOneBank on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
We are looking for highly qualified professionals at our state-of-the-art, corporate headquarters in Las Vegas, NV. In addition to providing our card members with superior value and service, we are dedicated to providing engaging and challenging career opportunities for our employees. As a member of the Credit One Bank team, we’ll help you be your best and support you so you can reach your full potential.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Data Architect is an experienced IT Professional that has an extensive background in Data Analysis, Database Modeling, Data Management, and Data Governance. The candidate will join the IT Department as a senior-level contributor in a team environment supporting Application Development, Data Management and modernization aspects of our Enterprise Data Architecture.
- Work with other IT Architects to build a modern and consistent Enterprise Architecture that supports the business goals and mission, with emphasis on Data Architecture.
- Assess current database platforms and gain expert-level knowledge of physical data models, flows, relationships, domains, and business context.
- Gain knowledge C1B applications, their interaction and integration across databases.
- Recommend and implement solutions to support Data Governance initiatives in Enterprise Data Architecture, Data Management and Administration, Data Security, and Quality.
- Work across aspects of IT Processes to architect, design, plan, build, implement, and maintain database solutions to meet short, medium and long-term business objectives.
- Work with teams that maintain and enhance Production (OLTP) Systems as well as Business Intelligence platforms such as Data Warehouse, Analytics, and Big Data.
- Collaborate with Database Administrators to strike a balance between abstract data model, system performance, platform optimization, etc.
- Execute principles of Privacy by Design: Ensure Data Security policy is enforced and monitored: This is a critical aspect across IT Architecture & Engineering.
- Ensure and enhance data governance standards, procedures and controls including process and data quality, integrity and incident prevention.
Data Modeling: For ongoing projects, Assist Development Teams in building fundamentally sound data models based on documented Business Requirements. Understand Data Domains, existing Relationships, Data flows, Business context, etc. For future legacy system re-engineering initiatives, provide direction and strategy on Data Model redesign, impact analysis, and migration and implementation logistics.
Data Analysis: Understand legacy physical data models, data content, and application functionality and integration. Incorporate data processes, flows and business context of data. The Data architect will be able to blend knowledge of Data Models, Data Flows and Data Context to support current initiatives as well as to recommend and implement future enhancements.
Development: The Data Architect will support software development teams for legacy and new application development projects and assist with data modeling, software data-layer services, database code, batch data processing logic, etc., monitoring for standards adherence and best practices.
Data Governance: The Data Architect works across C1B to provide technical solutions for the physical implementation of data to achieve business strategies and goals. The Data Architect contributes to adhering and advancing standards for data management, principles for Privacy by Design, policies for managing and administering data as well as solutions for data security, privacy, quality and integrity.
- Five or more years’ experience as a Data Architect.
- Five or more years’ experience designing and building Databases.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL Server Database platforms.
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Hadoop with Spark, Python, etc. a plus.
- Software Development experience (Stored Procedures, ETL, .Net, Java) a plus.
- Extensive Expertise in Data Analysis, Database Modeling, Design and SQL
- Contribute to enterprise data architecture vision, strategy, principles and standards; get buy-in from stake-holders, management, business partners. Work with Management to Develop the Enterprise Data Architecture Roadmap.
- Ability to work with Software Development Teams in analyzing and translating Business Requirements into Database Design; translate business requirements to system specifications and deliverable solutions.
- Experience with data modeling supporting API platforms and Micro-Services
- Provide solutions for Business Analysts and Data Scientists addressing Analytics needs, data availability, data virtualization, data warehousing, machine learning, etc.
- Database performance tuning: Data Model, Design, Stored Procedures and SQL Logic
- Experience with Data Quality techniques tools
- Ability to troubleshoot Process, Code and Data quality issues.
- Team player: works well in a collaborative environment on complex scenarios.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and organized work habits.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & vendors and by having a positive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within the cubicle area.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, Math or Finance.
This job description is not all inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be added as necessary by the Chief Information Officer
Credit One Bank, N.A. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6801 S Cimarron Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89113, USA