Director of Supply Chain - Fab-Tech, Inc. ** SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE**
Fab-Tech, Inc. in Colchester, Vermont, employs an exceptional team of hardworking, quality focused individuals, a number of whom have been here since the very beginning, 30+ years ago! We are passionate about safety and committed to providing our customers with the best, safest, most environmentally responsible products in the industry.
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - after 90 day probationary period - $1,500 1st shift / $2,000 2nd shift
Manage the overall supply chain operations for the Coated Metal Division; including purchasing and inventory of raw materials and components, vendor selection, outsourcing, and distribution of finished goods. Apply best practices to respond to business challenges and advance organizational goals. Work with management teams to drive forward business, providing strategic direction and tactical support. Directly manage the Supply Chain personnel for Coated Metal Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Leadership and development of the supply chain team.
- Develops and executes Hoshin initiatives in accordance with action plan deadlines to achieve corporate objectives
- Focuses resources on continuous improvement of the supply chain function through various production processes.
- Establishes key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Develop and execute supply chain strategies to achieve business goals
- Establish, execute and review contracts with new and existing vendors
- Work collaboratively with departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes, and reduce lead times
- Monitor and forecast market trends to secure optimized material cost positions
- Take active role in developing new products and sourcing materials from best possible vendors; domestic or overseas
- Diversify supplier base, establishing multiple procurement channels for goods and services
- Continuously monitor and review shipping/logistics methods for all suppliers to establish most cost effective options
- Identify risks in supply chain developing risk mitigation plans where necessary
- Institute LEAN and Six Sigma processes and procedures to optimize supply chain operations work flow
- Develop inventory control processes and procedures in accordance with trending variances and BOM issues
- Utilize Crystal Reports, Microsoft Power BI, and ERP reporting tools to improve departmental reporting and streamline business information.
- Manage year end physical inventory observation process
To perform this responsibility successfully, the individual must be able to perform each listed duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or a business related field.
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional preferred
- 10 or more years’ experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong customer focus
- Experience negotiating terms, pricing and contracts with vendors and/or customers.
- Knowledge of production and management systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
- Understanding of manufacturing engineering and technical drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing accounting and corporate budgets.
- High level understanding of forecasting
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in both written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong change management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner.
- Ability to use best judgement to assess reliability of suppliers.
- Maintain a calm approach when faced with disagreements or differences of opinion.
- High level of detail and organization.
- Self-motivated, needing minimal direction
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes: Annual Performance-Based Bonuses, Pay Based on Skill Level and Overtime Potential – Earn Extra Money! Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance. 401k deferral and match program, PTO and Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
Perfect Attendance Recognition with Monetary Awards, Discounted Gym Membership, Paid Volunteer Time Off, Above & Beyond Recognition, Free Boots and Company Gear, Wellness Program with challenges, incentives and rewards all year!
Just for Fun: Taco Truck Day, Wellness Fair, Cornhole Tournaments, Fun Contests with Prizes, Birthday Recognition, Smoothie Truck Day
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA