Accounting Specialist - Temporary
Fab-Tech, Inc offers an engaging team-oriented work environment focused on encouraging a culture of problem solving, learning and opportunity. We have a passion for delivering innovative solutions for our customers while at the same time having fun executing our mission. Maintaining many aspects of the small business mentality that solidified our beginnings is critical to us and how it relates to a family first and work-life balance. If you are committed to be challenged to learn, grow and make a difference to the team you might be the exceptional talent we need. If this description speaks to you and your experience, let us know!
In this multi-faceted role, you will perform various functions within the accounting cycle. Areas of responsibilities will include Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare daily A/R invoices and send to customers
- Monitor overdue accounts, collections, escalate to Controller & Sales as necessary
- Prepare and distribute monthly statements
- Process A/P invoices – including matching packing lists, obtaining approvals when necessary, vouching in ERP system
- Review A/P statements; ensure that all information is accurate and complete, request copies of invoices as needed.
- Generate weekly check runs, send to Controller and CFO for approval, print and mail checks
Other Daily, Weekly & Monthly Tasks
- Daily bank statement reconciliation – post cash receipts, checks cleared, electronic payments
- Prepare weekly data reporting for management
- Maintain customer and vendor files
- Assign CPAR numbers as requested
- Provide monthly sales and use tax backup and documentation to Controller
- Compile and distribute monthly credit card statements, vouch in ERP system
- Prepare reports and summaries for supervisors and managers as needed
Month End Close
- Compile and distribute intercompany transactions
- Assist with tracking of fixed assets and updating fixed asset schedule
- Post to the General Ledger - adjustments, journal entries
- Assist Controller and Finance Department with various assignments, including updating balance sheet schedules, reconciliations, and account research
- Ensure tasks are completed accurately by consistently maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Represent the company in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Anticipate potential problems as they develop and communicate such to Controller
- Able to manage time and prioritize tasks effectively
- Interact with staff members and workers in a professional and ethical manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Two-year business degree and/or three or more years accounting experience including A/R, A/P, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge of accounting principles. Basic knowledge of sales tax reporting is a plus. Superior computer skills to include Windows-based accounting software, strong Excel, Word, Outlook
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups
Ability to analyze financial information, identify discrepancies, and provide solutions. Ability to identify problems, collect information, establish facts, and suggest solutions. Ability to develop and support conclusions.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA