Fab-Tech, Inc offers an engaging team-oriented work environment focused on encouraging a culture of problem solving, learning and opportunity. We have a passion for delivering innovative solutions for our customers while at the same time having fun executing our mission. Maintaining many aspects of the small business mentality that solidified our beginnings is critical to us and how it relates to a family first and work-life balance. If you are committed to be challenged to learn, grow and make a difference to the team you might be the exceptional talent we need. If this description speaks to you and your experience, let us know!
The primary responsibilities of this position include the development and implementation of the production planning process and prioritization of customer requirements to optimize production, minimize delays, and ensure that deadlines are met. Serves as a liaison between departments to ensure operating cadence meets customer requirements and is ultimately responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of the production process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Evaluate customer orders to create suitable production schedules.
- Estimate the amount of material, equipment and labor required for production.
- Coordinate production operations in accordance with material, labor and equipment availability.
- Facilitate the daily production dashboard meeting and track action items and deliverables.
- Coordinate with all teams to expedite flow of materials and documents to meet production schedule and customer expectation.
- Promptly address and resolve production issues and effect changes to production schedules to minimize delays and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Develops, collects, and assesses data about the production and team's performance.
- Interact with department supervisors daily to determine progress and completion dates, and to help optimize manufacturing efficiencies.
- Troubleshoots problems that occur during production, including staff shortages and machinery malfunctions
- Prepares reports related to production processes for upper management and suggest ways to improve efficiency.
- Develop and achieve departmental/company goals and controls. Make suggestions for improvement in areas of cost reduction, processes, quality and productivity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Prior experience in a production planning role within a manufacturing setting.
- Prior experience developing a production planning system
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP software systems.
Minimum Education, Certifications and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is desirable, but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Minimum of 5 years’ proven experience working as a Production Planner/Scheduler.
Deadline-driven and detail oriented.
Analytical problem solver.
Good communications skills.
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA