1st Shift Facility Cleaner & Maintenance Tech
SIGN-ON BONUS ELIGIBLE - after 90 day probationary period - $750 1st shift
Fab-Tech, Inc offers an engaging team-oriented work environment focused on encouraging a culture of problem solving, learning and opportunity. We have a passion for delivering innovative solutions for our customers while at the same time having fun executing our mission. Maintaining many aspects of the small business mentality that solidified our beginnings is critical to us and how it relates to a family first and work-life balance. If you are committed to be challenged to learn,grow and make a difference to the team you might be the exceptional talent we need. If this description speaks to you and your experience, let us know!
Perform basic janitorial and housekeeping functions, internal and external for the entire plant by maintaining the building in a neat and orderly condition. Work with management to coordinate janitorial services and train on processes, procedures and the use of janitorial supplies as applicable. Perform a full range of janitorial assignments using discretion and experience, following all safety regulations. Actions are normally determined by specific instructions from the Maintenance and Coating Supervisors or by following well-defined procedures, methods, and practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary.
- Pick up and dispose of trash and cardboard daily on the shop floor including the Weld shop.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop including sweeping main aisles daily or as needed.
- Accurately follow directions in a timely manner
- Perform interior routine janitorial maintenance
- Make a visual inspection for light bulbs or fluorescent tubes – indoors and out – that need replacing, and replace them, disposing of the used bulbs or tubes. Replace ballasts in fluorescent fixtures as needed once certified to use the scissor lift.
- Perform minor maintenance or repairs on toilets, sinks, etc. as needed.
- Change filters yearly or as needed.
- Maintain janitorial cleaning supplies and building supplies.
- Dust/wash as needed – tables, counter tops, desk tops, cabinets, doors, lockers, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Clean water coolers – exteriors and trays.
- Clean ceiling fans in production using scissor lift when conditions dictate.
- Spot clean carpet as needed
- Perform exterior routine janitorial maintenance
- May be required to sweep grass off walks after mowing.
- Trim bushes seasonally as needed or instructed.
- Collect leaves in fall/spring as needed and dispose of in approved manner.
- Bring scrap hoppers out to large recycling/metal dumpsters and empty once certified to use 6K and 12K forklifts.
- Shovel snow or snowblow around entire building and behind trailers as shown on Company site map. Report to work at 4:45am on snow removal and salting days (Monday through Friday); Cover walkways with ice-melt as needed.
- Assist Maintenance as required
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA