Engineering - Project Engineer
SUMMARY: BPES provides custom engineered process separation and fluid handling equipment for the biopharmaceutical industry.Our design, engineering and management team is focused on creating custom solutions that meet the requirements of the biopharmaceutical industry and our clients.We seek an Experienced Electrical Engineer that will work closely with operations teams on custom TFF, chromatography, and other related hardware systems. This candidate will be the lead electrical technical expert for these systems and will involve the technical evaluation of our customer’s specifications and translate into an electrical design that will meet BPES standard and customer’s expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
Define, engineer, specify, plan, manage follow-up all activities, support manufacturing and qualification activities related to the electrical requirements of the project.
- Perform mechanical studies of our filtration and chromatography systems.
- Specify components according to customer specifications and maintain control on costs and schedule for the electrical portion of the project by limiting expenses to those allowed by the proposal/scope of projects.
- Plan, organize and execute power up activities with staff electricians within our workshop.
- Interface well with customers & internal project team to effectively communicate customer’s needs to the organization and the company’s capabilities to the customer.
- Support sales and visit customers in order to help define the specifications and the scope of work.
- Define the nature of a quote request, study the feasibility and execute a quote according to the current procedures. Define needs in terms of tools and resources to fulfill these quotation activities.
- Familiarity with European and US codes and standards (ASME, BPE, XP, ATEX, CE, Etc.)
- Actively seek/evaluate new tools or components that help maintain/ improve design efficiencies.
- Maintain strong communication by regular feedback to project team, manufacturing and customers.
SPECIFICATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to review and approve project documents related to the electrical part of a project.
- Adhere and apply FDA, GMP, ASME, BPE, CE regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to interface effectively with internal product design development and manufacturing team.
- Proficient in Auto Cad for drafting of parts and instrument diagrams (P&ID’s).
Education and/or experience:Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 4 years Engineering experience and experience in capital equipment (Experience in a pharmaceutical industry would be ideal). Allen Bradley PLC, Delta V, Etc.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Andover, MA, USA