1st and 2nd Shift Prep
An entry-level position in a production environment with no prior experience required. In this area you’ll prepare parts for coating in a way that ensures all production standards are followed and maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and related work may be assigned as necessary. Under close supervision you’ll be introduced to a series of duties and responsibilities with increasing complexity to include but are not limited to the following:
• Visually inspect parts received into Prep Dept. for defects
• Clean & dry the parts interior & exterior surfaces
• Communicate with Supervisor/lead person about discrepancies
• Prepare parts for coating by placing it on overhead trolley hanger system
• Comply with health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures
• Continue to learn and expand one’s own capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base
• Perform various other assignments per Supervisor/lead person direction
• Ability to stand for up to 10 hrs. daily
• Must be able to work in a faced paced work environment
• Position requires the ability to make independent decisions
• Attention to detail is a must
• Gloves need to be worn while performing all tasks in department
Minimum Education, Certifications, and Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Entry-level position with training provided
• Dependable, determined; positive in demeanor
• Attention to detail.
• Team player
• Good attitude
• Frequent standing, sitting, bending at the waist and use of hands in this role is required
• Specific vision abilities required to include close vision, and ability to adjust focus
• Occasionally perform physical activities including lifting (up to 50 lbs. unassisted)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the production area is usually moderately loud. The Prep department is a sectioned off area of the production floor.
• Safety glasses and hearing protection are required when in the production area
• PPE specific to the tasks being performed is required
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA