This position is responsible for assisting with the timely procurement of materials to meet production schedules and maintain target inventory levels for the Coated Metal Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
• Assist with entry of requisitions and stock orders related to review of MRP spreadsheet
• Initiate requisitions for direct purchase requirements for stock orders
• Enter all requisitions for VMI's and routine consumable orders
• Review past due stock orders and coordinate with manufacturing on efficient completion of jobs
• Process cycle counts as needed; weekly, monthly, quarterly, biannually and on a yearly basis
• Verify all shipped and completed jobs within the ERP system are marked as "Shipped" on a weekly basis; review discrepancies with Buyer
• Aid in completion of data entry projects, as necessary, to help update and maintain the ERP system
• Assist in the continual effort to improve processes and efficiencies
• Respond to and assist with employee requests, while also prioritizing workloads
• Other duties as required
To perform this responsibility successfully, the individual must be able to perform each listed duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1 or more years of buying and inventory experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems a plus.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in both written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA