Project Management - Safety Manager
This position is with our company NEHP, which is an Engineering Construction Integrator (ECI) with experience delivering large scale, pre-construction programming, management and integration of off-site fabrication and modularization improving construction site productivity up to 30%.
SUMMARY:Accountable for safety excellence at NEHP. Work with NEHP’s Leadership to implement a visible vision for safety and instill best safety culture to drive exceptional performance.Develop and maintain NEHP’s EH&S program, objectives, and coordinate safety training programs. Monitor EH&S regulations and provide technical support and oversight of integration facility personnel to ensure compliance with all federal and state safety and health regulations.
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Collaborates with management to develop an Emergency Action Plan and serve as primary contact for project site injury and incident notification, investigation, and case management. Maintains a written log of safety inspection activities, reports, and correspondence.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, and federal guidelines and regulations.
- Implement, maintain and monitor EH&S systems, Hazard Analysis and mitigation plans and processes at the integration facility.
- Understand federal/state occupational safety & health regulations and monitor changes. Audit policies, practices and operations to ensure compliance. Provide technical guidance as necessary.
- Identify safety-training needs. Develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Support integration personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Support preparation of written safety & health programs and policies and develop annual Safety Action Plan.
- Maintain safety library (e.g., videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Assist in implementation of a hazard communication program and preparation of reports.
- Review operating procedures/records and provides input for safety and health considerations.
- Advises Executive Leadership of regulatory changes with which the integration facility must comply.
- Own and manage annual Safety Action Plan.
- Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow up as necessary.
- Ensure Root Cause Analysis is being performed as part of incident investigation, monitor corrective actions for follow up.
- All other duties as specified.
- Ability to identify trends and implement best practices in a manner that drives exceptional performance.
- Demonstrated experience with implementing EH&S systems and processes across facility.
- Must be able to think and act strategically with senior leadership, and be willing to “roll up sleeves” to handle activities within the function.
- Conflict management and problem solving skills.
- Collaboration, communication proficiency and teamwork orientation.
- Customer/Client focus, personal effectiveness/credibility and learning orientation.
- Decision Making, problem solving/analysis and technical Capacity.
- Knowledge of chemical manufacturing operations.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degree in safety science, engineering or industrial hygiene discipline or equivalent experience. OSHA 500, 510, Certified safety professional (CSP) or CHST
This job operates in a professional construction and manufacturing environment with a significant amount of time spent on the production floor and client facility. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. While performing some duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Travel up to 100% of the time may be required.
Critical Process System Group offers competitive compensation and a complete benefits package that includes medical (individual and family premiums shared between employer and employee), dental and vision coverage, HSA, Day Care reimbursement, matching 401(k), life insurance, disability, holiday and paid time off.
If you are looking for a future with a company known for its inventiveness and passion for progress, look no further...... your career is right here!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Texas, USA