Fabricator - 2nd Shift
In this area you’ll form sheet metal into cylindrical and conical products, prep and fabricate stainless steel pipe and fittings for welding.
Under close supervision you’ll be introduced to a series of duties and responsibilities with increasing complexity to include, but are not limited to the following:
Set up work area, select and verify the materials for production, and meet daily production and quality demands in such specific areas as: grinding,
rolling, seam welding, flanging, tagging, shearing.
- Comply with health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures, and ensures the cleanliness of the area.
- Work in a team environment.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s own capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base.
- Perform various other assignments per lead person or supervisor direction.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Knowledge of sheet metal layout (proper fittings), surface grinding and metallurgy.
- Forklift experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and safety
- Positive attitude and team-oriented
- Willingness to learn the more complex aspects of the equipment operation involved within the round area and shear area.
- Willingness to work in other areas as needed
- History of dependability
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
Ability to read and understand work instructions, technical documents (cut sheets), safety policies, company policies and procedures.
Ability to complete written documentation.
Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and superiors.
Ability to apply basic math skills including adding and subtracting whole numbers and fractions.
Ability to accurately read a tape measure to 1/32”
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA