Manage wide-ranging aspects of the logistics processes for the entire business, to include, transportation scheduling, delivery, warehousing, and distribution of finished goods. Apply best practices to respond to logistics challenges/opportunities, and advance overall organizational goals. Work with management teams to drive forward business and provide strategic direction. Directly manage the Logistics Department personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts, inspecting equipment, issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by helping in the preparation of the annual budget; scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains shipping and receiving staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Ensures departmental results meet organizational goals by leading, coaching, and mentoring employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical job knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Instruct and maintain safety and environmental procedures to ensure that Supervisors/Leads maintain a safe work environment. Leads with a safety-first mindset.
- Other duties as required
To perform this responsibility successfully, the individual must be able to perform each listed duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics, Business or a business-related field.
- 5 or more years’ experience in related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience with export and import governance, documentation, and preparation.
- Strong knowledge of domestic and international shipping processes.
- Firm understanding of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business and management principles.
- Knowledge of specialty moving equipment; such as, but not limited to, flatbeds, drop-decks, and ocean transportation equipment.
- Experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems.
- Demonstrated exceptional ability in both written and verbal communications.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to positively manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports.
- Present information and field questions in a thoughtful and professional manner.
- Ability to use best judgement to assess reliability of suppliers/transportation providers.
- High level of detail and organization.
- Self-motivated, needing minimal direction.
- Pay Type Salary
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA