Shipping / Receiving clerk
Position in a production environment with shipping experience preferred but willing to train an entry-level individual. In this area you are responsible for preparing products for shipment ensuring that all production standards are maintained.
· Identify and package correct parts per order; ensure correct number of parts and accuracy of products shipped.
· Process orders via the company’s software for shipping and receiving and complete necessary documentation.
· Identify appropriate packaging; fabricate skids and crates as needed.
· Comply with health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures and ensures cleanliness of the area.
· Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity within this job by increasing knowledge and skill base.
· Perform various other assignments per lead person or manager direction.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues and suppliers.
· Ability to apply basic mathematical skills (especially an ability to read a ruler/tape measure), identify problems, collect information, and suggest solutions.
· Can speak and understand basic English with an emphasis on complying with directions, fundamental shop safety procedures, and production standards.
· Reading and writing skills with an emphasis on understanding and completing Shipping and Receiving documentation.
· Attention to detail and accuracy is essential. Must be able to multi-task.
· Basic computer skills, with knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, Etc.
· Forklift and/or previous experience in shipping is a plus but not required.
· Self-starter, dependable, energetic, with positive attitude.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA