Shipping Supervisor - FTI
SUMMARY: Provide supervision for all packaging and receiving personnel, including Shipping Lead, for both 1st and 2nd shift crews.
- Manage payroll activities for 1st and 2nd shift Shipping staff.
- Assist/back up Shipping Lead in prioritizing and assigning tasks within the Shipping department.
- Ensure that health, safety (including OSHA), and environmental procedures are followed at all times by staff.
- Complete safety incident reports and conduct incident investigations when necessary.
- Take disciplinary action in accordance with company policies when necessary.
RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.
- Process documentation and schedule pick-ups for all domestic shipments. This includes the following modes of transport: Full truckload (FTL), Less Than Truckload (LTL), small package (FedEx / UPS parcels) and customer pick-ups.
- Provide domestic shipping cost estimates to Sales staff when required.
- Manage procurement of packaging consumables. Identify needs and submit purchase requisitions.
- Attend biweekly Production meetings with Manufacturing Supervisors
- Work closely with Traffic Manager and Shipping Lead to prioritize and streamline packaging / shipping processes.
- Oversee loading/unloading activities. Knowledge of trailer, loading and securing practices.
- Work with Shipping Lead to identify labor needs and request labor sharing when necessary.
- Continue to learn and expand one’s capacity, within this job, by increasing knowledge and skills base.
- Drive a forklift.
- Serve as a member of the Lead/Supervisor Safety Committee.
- Learn/perform various tasks to serve as back-up for Traffic Manager (shipment planning, hardware calculations, import/export activities and export compliance).
- Perform various other assignments per Supervisor or Manager’s direction.
- Assist in the continual effort to improve processes and efficiency.
- Other assignments as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of domestic shipping and receiving practices to include documentation and packaging practices.
- Supervisory experience in manufacturing or warehouse setting.
- A proven record of working safely.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Has a positive attitude and willing to work to improve the department and/or company.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years related experience and/or training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 480 Hercules Dr, Colchester, VT 05446, USA