Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Canvasser
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking enthusiastic Canvassers to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) organizing efforts to ensure mass COVID relief and equitable vaccine distribution for both Planned Parenthood patients and the broader public.
As a Canvasser, you will travel door to door in a neighborhood to share COVID-19 vaccine information to encourage your community to get vaccinated. You will be responsible for having a certain number of conversations per day. You will not fundraise. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply!
This is an entry-level role. In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work door-to-door or in high-traffic areas to answer FAQs about COVID-19 vaccines and encourage your community to get vaccinated
- There is no formal education requirement for this position
- Must have the physical stamina to stand/walk for long periods (up to 6 hours per day) while meeting and talking to people
- Flexibility to work weekdays and weekends
- Ability to memorize and recite scripts and statements prepared and provided by COG regarding COVID-19 vaccines.
- Ability to collect information such as name, zip code, phone number and/or email address for others to follow up regarding vaccination status and for quality control
- Consistently meet daily and weekly conversation goals
- Understand how to use a tablet/phone to sign up for shifts and to track and submit data
- Excellent communication skills including active listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently based on employer requirements
- Good time management skills to fulfill goals within a specific period
- Valid driver’s license
- Previous experience with data entry and reporting functions
- Previous paid or volunteer canvass experience (including Census outreach work)
- Telemarketing or retail marketing experience
- Social service or organizing experience
- Candidates with ties and familiarity with any of the following regions are strongly encouraged to apply: Wayne County, Oakland County, Kent County, Kalamazoo County, Ingham County.
Salary and Benefits:
This is an hourly position with the Community Outreach Group, with an hourly rate of $15. Based on performance, there is an opportunity to be promoted to a lead position that pays $17/hour. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of June 30, 2021.
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Ingham County, MI, USA
- Kalamazoo County, MI, USA
- Kent County, MI, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Oakland County, MI, USA
- Wayne County, MI, USA