Michigan State Director 21
Organization: Community Outreach Group
Job Title: Michigan State Director
Community Outreach Group, through the principles and practices of community organizing, scales and grows partner organizations to achieve their goals by organizing with, hiring from and building for the communities they serve.
Community Outreach Group envisions a world where people, including the most marginalized, can express their truest selves, imagine infinite possibilities and feel radical joy, vulnerability and empowerment.
About the Position
Community Outreach Group is seeking an enthusiastic Michigan State Director to serve as a part of Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s (PPFA) organizing efforts to ensure mass COVID relief and equitable vaccine distribution for both Planned Parenthood patients and the broader public.
The state’s fact-driven education and awareness program you will oversee will engage communities door to door and via a call center to determine vaccine eligibility and to determine the closest vaccine site. The program will be guided by principles of race equity.
The State Director will manage a team of Canvass Managers to meet the state’s programmatic goals. This role will recruit, train, and manage Canvass Managers who will lead local canvasses to promote fact-based education about the importance of getting vaccinated. Additionally, the State Director will be assigned metrics for each region and will be responsible for managing their team to success. If you’re fired up and ready to organize at an unprecedented moment in time, we urge you to apply!
The Michigan State Director primary responsibilities will include:
- Ensure client and organizational satisfaction and completion of all program goals and obligations
- Own the process of recruiting, hiring, and training of canvass managers and canvassers in multiple regions
- Supervise Canvass Managers by setting clear goals, developing work plans, acting as a coach and mentor to ensure employee development and by conducting regular check-ins
- Work with program leadership to break overall regional goals down into smaller goals, develop timelines, work plans, progress to goals, and produce qualitative reports to tell the story of your state’s progress
- Lead and participate in paid field campaign tactics
- Provide updates and build out strategy by conducting weekly client and partnership communications
- Work with coalition partners and key stakeholders to develop and execute a cooperative campaign strategy
- Expertise developing and leading canvass programs (knowledge of both paid and volunteer programs preferred)
- Expertise setting goals and deadlines for other people, and coaching teams to meet those goals or deadlines
- Experience administering human resources and payroll
- Experience training canvassers and first-time managers
- Strong data analysis skills, and the ability to read a report and take action
- Ability to engage with multiple stakeholders, communicate clearly and often, and manage diverse personalities and expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort meeting and talking with new people
- Maintain a positive, can do, and solutions-oriented attitude in tough situations
- Flexible and self-motivated to identify priorities and complete work
- Knowledge of and commitment to progressive causes and progressive management practices
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend
- Has strong ties in the state in which you are applying to work
- Knows how to use VAN voter database software, Excel, and/or Google Suite
There is no formal education requirement for this position. Candidates with ties and familiarity with any of the following regions are strongly encouraged to apply: Wayne County, Oakland County, Kent County, Kalamazoo County, Ingham County.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt, senior-level position with the Community Outreach Group, with an annual base salary between $68,000 - $72,000 depending on skills, experience, and qualifications. Full-time exempt employees are also eligible for a cell phone reimbursement up to $75/month, and employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance. This is a short-term position with an expected end date of June 30, 2021.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply on our website at www.knockdoors.org/jobs. We strongly encourage women, people of color, working-class, and LGBTQ people, as well as those with disabilities, to apply.
The Community Outreach Group, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Community Outreach Group, LLC is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values quality, equity, innovation, transparency, bravery, and sustainability.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Ingham County, MI, USA
- Kalamazoo County, MI, USA
- Kent County, MI, USA
- Michigan, USA
- Oakland County, MI, USA
- Wayne County, MI, USA