Hotel Food & Beverage Manager
We are looking for an ambitious and hardworking Hotel Food and Beverage Manager to join our team! In this position, you will take a lead in forecasting, planning and controlling the ordering of food and beverages for Room Service, Banquets and Venues. You will also be expected to lead your team by an example.
You are highly organized and can work in an often-unpredictable environment to meet deadlines, all while maintaining a positive and professional demeanor.
The Hotel Food and Beverage Manager reports directly to the Director of Food & Beverage Operations. It is critical the person in this position is tactical and strategic. As the Hotel Food and Beverage Manager, you will lead the Restaurant, Bistro, Banquets and In-Room Dining Service teams to execute the daily breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner services in our restaurants. We encourage our leaders to inspire and challenge each other to be their best. Collaborating with the Culinary Team to execute your restaurant concepts at the highest level, while maintaining and executing the Standards of Service for the Restaurant and Hotel Group, assuring success for Commerce Casino & Hotel.
1. Uphold and model the Commerce Casino principles and IHG Standards, and ensure your team also models the way our values drive collaboration, intuition and hospitality.
2. Actively participate in recruitment, training, scheduling, supervising, coaching, and motivation of all Restaurant, Bistro, Bar, In-Room Dining Service and Banquet F&B associates in order to create an environment that nurtures ideas and develops future talent for succession planning in the Restaurant program; effectively use corrective action to address root causes of issues, course-correcting any missed opportunities.
3. Ensure timely set-up of the dining room and adhere to food & beverage standards and guest requests through active communication with the Culinary Department. Responsible for maintaining a strong guest and VIP relationship and ensuring all requests are communicated to staff.
4. Review all reservations and cover count reports to determine appropriate staffing levels and station assignments. Work with the Culinary team to effectively communicate all requests.
5. Manage inventory, control breakage/loss reduction of china, glass and silver related to restaurant services. Inspect and oversee the cleanliness and maintenance of all restaurant space, public areas, and service areas.
6. Assists in other food & beverage departments as needed
7. Maintain regular communication with the F&B Management team to provide updates, discuss plans, communicate needs, and align on priorities, understanding that flexibility with your responsibilities is paramount to support a successful operation
• Bachelors degree in Hotel or Restaurant management, food or institutional management preferred.
• Minimum 5 years Hotel & Restaurant management experience required.
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs variety of tasks.
• Leads and directs the work of others.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel and other applicable computer systems
• Thorough understanding of excellent service, labor control, maintenance, merchandising and accounting
• Thorough understanding of all food & beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service to include In Room Dining standards. (IHG)
• Expert knowledge of wines and spirits
• Must obtain and maintain a Food Handler’s or ServSafe Card
• TIPS Certified preferred
• Knowledge or experience using Squirrel Systems (POS) preferred.
• Negative Tuberculosis (TB) test.
• Must be able to speak, read and understand English.
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to stand and walk the entire shift excluding breaks and meal periods.
• Must demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic approach to all assignments.
• Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of this position.
• Must possess an ability to work with minimal supervision and make educated ethical decisions as necessary. Must be able to resolve conflicts and have effective communication skills with all levels of employees and be able to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Commerce Casino operates 24 hours, 7 days a week. Schedules may vary depending on business needs.
- Pay Type Salary
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA