Junior Business Intelligence Analyst
The Business Intelligence Analyst is strong in quantitative analysis, enjoy working with data but also want to balance this with their interest in business. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one. Business Intelligence Analysts are strong communicators who are eager to learn, endlessly curious, take pride in hard work and are committed to rapidly advancing their careers. Working on the Casino Analytics Team is a premier opportunity to develop a career in business intelligence with emphasis in the casino industry.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is partnered with various casino groups for analysis-based projects, such as Marketing, Casino Operations, Player Development or Customer Service. Whether they are measuring game performance, analyzing customer behavior and trends, data mining, or optimizing data visualizations, the Business Intelligence Analyst will be working with cutting edge technology so to deliver actionable visualizations leveraging various datasets.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Consulting with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, Casino Operations, Customer Service, and Player Development) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth
- In partnership with casino management, reengineer existing processes as necessary to incorporate new and improved analytic frameworks
- Wrangling data from multiple sources including revenue, inventory, player activity, and game performance databases to create integrated views that can be used to drive decision making. (Experience with Tableau and Python 3 a plus)
- Responsible for the
visualization of content by converting raw data into concise views for
executive review and interpretation.
Also, supports the casino operation in preparation of board & executive presentation materials.
- Test and debug analytical visualization dashboards. Work with team members to resolve unexpected problems resulting from unusual data and from limitations inherent in software applications and data processing resources.
- Develop in-depth understanding of gaming promotion and marketing technical environments as it relates to captured data and content which may be used to measure, assess, and predict business behaviors.
- Discover new opportunities to optimize the business through analytics and statistical modeling
- Assists with the design and development of analytical projects so to understand key business behaviors that drive customer acquisition, retention, and engagement
- Assists in analyzing casino floor support labor and revenue so to highlight opportunities for improved efficiency. These highlights are reviewed with casino management in order to optimize our staffing methodology and to maintain alignment with business fluctuations throughout the year.
- Performs all other work-related duties and data reporting as assigned by, and in support of, casino management.
Work Experience Required: Proficiency in Microsoft products, including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and OneNote.
2+ years’ experience working in corporate environment. 2+ year administrative experience. 2+ years working with financial reports.
Education: Four-year degree, or equivalent relatable work experience.
Other Requirements: Must have a foundational understanding of
process and procedure development and implementation. Must possess the ability to assume
responsibility and be self-motivated.
Must have excellent verbal and interpersonal skills with management and employees, in addition to excellent written communication skills. Must be detail-oriented and able to work in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism. Must demonstrate positive/enthusiastic approach to all assignments. Outstanding attendance/punctuality. Must be clean, well-groomed, and have a professional appearance per company standards.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA