Human Resources Training Assistant
This position has a starting rate of $18.00- $20.00 per hour, depending on experience.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
Commerce Casino is seeking a Training & Development Specialist with a minimum of one-year Human Resources and/or Training experience to join our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The on-time design, production and delivery of high-quality online courses
- Collaborates with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop course materials
- Maintains training content, coordinating and completing updates, revisions, and corrects errors as noted in collaboration with SMEs
- Provides instructional design and technology support to staff in developing interactive presentation, tutorials, and courses using A.D.D.I.E. development method
- Drafts training materials and identifies appropriate evaluation strategy/methods
- Authors instructional design documentation including design templates, style guides, video scripts, train-the-trainer, pilot materials
- Selects appropriate technologies, including specific applications, to enhance instruction in a course/product
- Identifies areas of weakness in training/products, and employs strategies for improvement
- Heads training sessions covering specified areas such as those concerned with new employee orientation, on-the-job training, use of computers and software, apprenticeship programs, safety and health practices, public relations, refresher training, promotional development, upgrading, retraining displaced workers, and leadership development.
- Maintains, updates, and helps to coordinate the Rewards and Recognition program. This includes checking Praise card boxes, creating and distributing certificates and maintaining prize inventory.
- Communicates project timeliness and updates to team and Manager of Training and Development
- Training record management including data entry and scanning.
- Demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and performs all other work related duties as assigned.
Work Experience Required:
- 1 year of experience working in a Human Resources/Training function
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong creativity and working knowledge of engaging presentation design techniques including animations using PowerPoint, Camtasia Studio 8, or the like.
- Solid Publisher, Visio, Adobe CS5, Adobe Captivate, Adobe Illustrator, and Acrobat experience preferred
- Proficiency in working with laptops, projectors, and other audio/visual equipment
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies, and writing objectives
- Video editing software such as Sony Vegas Studio experience preferred
- Experience working multiple projects
- Excellent grammatical and technical writing skills
- Ability to learn new software quickly
- Well-developed critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Strong knowledge of and previous experience in applying Adult Learning Principles to instructional design and curriculum development
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and follow through skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Detail oriented, self-starter
- Flexible schedule to accommodate training needs in a 24/7 work environment as needed
- Bilingual preferred (Read, write, and speak)
- Attendance and punctuality are an essential function of the position
- Pay Type Hourly
- 6131 Telegraph Rd, Commerce, CA 90040, USA