Aquatics Lesson Coordinator
Exceptional Staff Promoting a Healthy Lifestyle in a Unique Environment
Are you passionate about exercise and living a healthy lifestyle? Would you like to help others do the same?
For over 45 years Club Fit staff has worked hard to create a club environment dedicated to helping people achieve their health and fitness goals in a state of the art facility with support, guidance and motivation from a professional and knowledgeable staff. The organization has been amazingly successful and has helped many people lead healthier lives. We are proud that the communities we serve are better due to the work we do. People lead healthier and more active lives with our help than they would without us. We are very aware of the benefits people receive from the active and healthy lifestyle we help them pursue. People are able to do more, be more active and be sick less as a result of the work we do. Most of all, they are able to spend more time with the ones they love. This is the foundation of the work we do.
We currently have openings for people who enjoy working in a unique environment
and helping others focus on their physical and mental well-being.
Job Purpose: Support the operation and overall programming of the Aquatics Department by providing genuine hospitality, administration, training and direction for Water Safety Instructors, and swim lesson participants. Ensuring all instruction and the safeguarding of members well being is consistent with Club Fit’s standards and core values.
- Support the Water Safety Instruction program. Provide recommendations to the Aquatics Director for groups and privates to maximize participation and increase revenue. Help to develop and promote new WSI programs. Assist Aquatic Director to market and promote the swim lesson program by creating Smart Sheet project details and social media requests. Assure flyers are accurate, up to date, and are always stocked.
- Assist Aquatic Director with planning out schedules for group lessons. Prior to scheduled lessons - collect payment for anyone registered for private, semiprivate and group swim lessons. Process and file all bookings and registration forms for each swim session (group and private). Responsible for entering all group swim lessons into booking system.
- Assist Aquatics Director with establishing WSI protocols and hold WSI staff accountable to those standards. Hold WSI staff accountable for entering all private and semi-private lessons into booking system
- Monitor certification book to ensure that all WSI staff are current and up to date
- Assist the Aquatic Director in the planning and organizing of aquatic in-service trainings
- Communicate pertinent information from manager meetings, Medallia, and club chatter to staff.
- Assist Aquatic Director in on boarding new WSI staff.
- Ensure proper and clear communication with members, co-workers, Aquatics Director and Management demonstrating a commitment to embracing the neighborhood
- Respond to all emails, voicemails and other messages within a 24-hour period
- Attend weekly meetings with the Aquatics Director
- Lead by example; maintaining a good rapport with students, parents, and coworkers
- Display a professional attitude and appearance
- Be knowledgeable of all Club Fit programs and schedules, not limited to the Aquatics Department
- Be available to membership and staff to help with any questions/problems
- Coordinate Department Strategy and Planning
- Maintain current CPR/AED certifications
- Maintain lifeguard and WSI certifications
- Stay abreast of American Red Cross lesson programming
- Lifeguard as needed to provide adequate supervision for Aquatic Center
- Understand and support club policies
- Accomplish related results as needed
- Direct line: Aquatics Director
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, April 12, 2021
- Briarcliff, 584 North State Rd, Briarcliff Manor, New York, United States of America