Applications are now being accepted for one GIS Technician to maintain geographical land information, produce map products, and perform GIS related duties through ArcGIS software for government and public use. This position is represented by AFSCME Local 2746 Courthouse Roads.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Natural Resources, Computer Science, Planning, Environment Science or a related field.
- Minimum of one year of GIS work experience.
- Knowledge of basic cartographic principals and sources of mapping materials; principals of Geographic Information System including entry/updates, analysis, and map production.
- A working knowledge of Windows, relational databases (SQL Server preferred).
- Ability to resolve and troubleshoot GIS-related problems.
Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Methods and techniques of map compilation and cartographic principals.
- ESRI ArcGIS software programs with working knowledge of components, tools, function and techniques.
- Microsoft Office software.
- Map projections, coordinate systems and datums.
- ESRI data formats including shapefiles and geodatabases.
How to Apply
Online application is required. Visit www.co.clatsop.or.us/hr, Career Opportunities, to submit by February 18, 2021. Include two work samples that showcase the use of GIS technology.
Applicants should review the complete job description https://www.co.clatsop.or.us/sites/default/files/fileattachments/human_resources/page/24621/gis_technician.pdf
Your application must clearly show your qualifications for the position in order to receive further consideration. During any phase of the hiring process, applicants with disabilities, who need reasonable accommodation to assist them to demonstrate their qualification to perform the duties of the job, should inform Human Resources. Prior to hiring, candidates may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
This announcement is generally descriptive of the duties and qualifications for the job. It is not to be construed as an expressed or implied contract. Clatsop County is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
employees in all matters of employment (such as hiring, promotion, transfer, training, layoff, compensation,
fringe benefits and termination) regardless of ethnicity/race, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability,
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $4,283.49
- Max Hiring Rate $5,206.59
- Clatsop County Oregon - Information Systems, 800 EXCHANGE STREET, ASTORIA, Oregon, United States of America