Regional Vice President, Hotel/Resort Division - Columbia Hospitality
Regional Vice President, Columbia Hospitality
Multiple property oversight within the Columbia portfolio
Reports to COO
Location - flexible
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality is a premier hospitality management company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Columbia employs nearly four thousand people throughout the western region of the U.S. who serve the needs of our award-winning venues and properties in 8 states in over 30 different communities. Annual managed revenues exceed $250M. The company is privately owned and was created in 1995 by Founder and CEO John Oppenheimer.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
- Consistently promotes and role models Columbia OMG Culture & Values – Inclusion, Honesty, Respect, Creativity, Enthusiasm and Accountability – inspiring and enabling a consistently extraordinary team member and customer experience
- Provides overall direction, coordination and leadership to the General Managers and other applicable direct reports at various properties
- Directs applicable training on job standards and areas of responsibility in partnership with the learning and development team.
- Provides timely formal assessment of individual team members in alignment with Columbia’s OMG performance feedback program
- Ensures all applicable standards, policies and procedures are fully implemented throughout all properties
- Responsible for one’s own objectives & key results (OKR’s) as well as supporting direct reports in achieving theirs in service to all stakeholder groups (Team Members, Customers, Owner/Investors
- Participates in preparation of the annual business plans which support the overall objectives of each property (inclusive of Marketing Plan, Operating Plan, and Capital Plan)
- Develops and implements strategies to enhance profitability and revenue generation
- Develops and directs programs to ensure effective maintenance, risk management, security, emergency preparedness, and capital improvements
- Liaises with ownership groups, community organizations, city officials, industry associations and all other external entities
THE NITTY GRITTY
The ideal candidate for this role will have a balance of experience and skills in the areas outlined below. Someone who displays the ability to plan, lead, and execute today’s business needs as well as the ability to anticipate evolving needs and strategize for the future of the company.
Preferred Functional Experience & Skills
- A minimum of ten years of progressive hotel/hospitality/HOA experience including several years of combined experience as a General Manager and Regional General Manager (RVP or multi-unit) in upscale hotel or resort properties
- Independent, boutique, upscale and lifestyle brand experience
- Pre-opening, task force and turnaround experience
- Major renovation/Capex/Project Management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
Required Leadership Skills
- Prior success leading and inspiring diverse work groups at every level of the organization, building a high performance teams through effective talent recruitment, development, coaching and review
- Demonstrated success elevating the customer experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate and effectively influence multiple stakeholders with differing perspectives. This includes writing contracts, business correspondence, and operations manuals as well as the ability to effectively present information to team members, guests, owners, and others (virtually and in-person)
- Demonstrated success in the following areas: information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving and continuous improvement
- Strong financial acumen and financial management skills including preparing and presenting budgets, driving top-line revenue and throughput, pricing and yielding, managing expenses, forecasting, and analyzing financial statements
A competitive total compensation and benefits package will be offered
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Please apply exclusively via www.columbiahospitality.com/careers. If you have any questions, please reach out to Greg Prescott, Director of Talent at email@example.com
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Job Start Date Saturday, May 1, 2021
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America