People & Culture (HR) Business Partner
Business Partner, People & Culture
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
We are seeking a People & Culture (HR) Business Partner to support multiple hospitality properties in a centralized model. This position will provide direction and input to property leaders regarding overall People & Culture strategies which support the culture, company direction, and the needs of the business and team members.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Assist managers with recruitment efforts and ensure proper team member onboarding
• Administer and maintain accurate records of necessary federal, state and local reports as required by the applicable laws, S.O.P.s and Columbia Hospitality, Inc. policies
• Ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, specifically administration of FMLA, OSHA, Wage and Hour, EEO, HazCom, etc.
• Manage all unemployment compensation activity, Worker’s Compensation Claims and any external agency investigations
• Monitor compliance with established personnel policies and procedures
• Investigate and facilitate the resolution of employee relations issues in a timely and professional manner
• Support and administer Pulse Surveys in conjunction with People & Culture Specialist. Communicate results and areas of improvement for leaders
• Monitor performance appraisal system, ensures record-keeping, individual and group counseling, benefits administration, department intercommunication
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments
• Identify and recommend People & Culture approaches to management team including strategic planning, forecasting, budgeting, and organizational development issues
• Collaborate with People & Culture team to ensure tools are being utilized in the field. Ensure new tools/programs are delivered, and action plans are communicated and implemented at the property level
• Administer compensation programs including but not limited to conducting wage surveys, developing property wage scales, administering wage and salary schedules and merit increases associated with the performance evaluation program working in tandem with People & Culture
• Attend mandatory meetings such as executive committee, risk management, safety committee, management staff meetings, etc.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Bachelor’s degree required and at least 5 years progressive experience in an HR Generalist role
• Independent judgment and discretion are important qualities as many duties performed are of a critical & confidential nature. Ability to remain neutral and represent the company, the leader, and the employee to promote a fair and equitable work environment.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to produce high quality work, be flexible, prioritize business demands, anticipate needs, be proactive, in adapting and responding to changing situations
• Extensive knowledge of general employment laws, recruitment, EEO/AAP, and policy development
• Works well in both team oriented and autonomous environments
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty | Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Sincerity
- Pay Type Salary
- Columbia Hospitality Inc., 2200 Alaskan Way, Seattle, Washington, United States of America