Salish Lodge & Spa - Assistant Front Office Manager
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Consistently ranked among the best small resorts in the world, the Salish Lodge & Spa overlooks the 268-foot Snoqualmie Falls. This iconic Pacific Northwest lodge has a world-renowned spa offering regionally inspired treatments, two restaurants providing a luxuriously comfortable and memorable dining experience, an award-winning wine list and a variety of nearby recreational activities. The resort is located 30 minutes east of downtown Seattle and within 40 minutes from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Experience at a property of similar size and quality is required.
• Strong working knowledge of hotel front office operations and accounting procedures.
• Strong working knowledge of the hotel’s property management and point of sale systems
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests or the general public.
• Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
• Financial management skills, including budget management, expense control and analysis of Profit and Loss statements.
• Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
• Asist with the preparation of the annual department operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on labor costs.
• In partnership with other department heads, identify additional sales opportunities to enhance revenue. Drive promotions and participate in revenue management.
• Ensure all credit and financial transactions are handled in a secure manner.
• Direct day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
• Educate and train all team members in compliance with governmental regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained on quality, service, and safety standards and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
• Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
• Support Housekeeping to ensure all guest rooms and common areas are cleaned, vacuumed and properly prepared according to anticipated business volume and hotel/brand standards. Notify engineering immediately of any maintenance and repair needs.
• Establish and achieve quality and guest satisfaction goals. Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
• Analyze guest insights to identify and meet customer expectations and build on guest loyalty.
• Interact with guests to ensure expectations are being met.
• Manage on-site security program and manage inventory and equipment to ensure needed items are replenished in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste.
• Organize and promote health and safety training for the departments in your oversight and ensure team members are working safely.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• May also serve as manager on duty.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in Hotel Management, plus 4+ years of related experience, including management experience.
• Must obtain certifications or permits as required by local governmental agencies.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Salary
- Salish Lodge & Spa, 6501 Railroad Avenue SE, Snoqualmie, Washington, United States of America