Executive Housekeeper - Lodge at St. Edward
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
The Lodge at St. Edward
A thoughtfully restored national historic landmark, The Lodge at St. Edward is a seminary building turned hotel nestled in a stunning 326-acre old-growth forested park and offers a Pacific Northwest experience like no other. As you enter the park, its iconic architecture catches you by surprise, matched with a whimsical décor that delights the human spirit. The Lodge at St Edward is scheduled to open on May 7, 2021
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Manages the day to day operations of the Housekeeping department. Follows all appropriate policies and procedures (e.g. key control, lost and found).
• Develops and implements procedures to ensure that all housekeeping activities and services meet or exceed the established standards and goals.
• Conducts daily inspections of serviced guestrooms, front of house areas, storage rooms and relevant back of the house areas.
• Manages the departmental budget. Monitors revenue, expenses and labor costs.
• Reports all unsafe conditions immediately. Ensures all equipment is properly maintained and functioning. Ensures all equipment is used only as intended.
• Establishes and maintains department equipment and supply inventory levels appropriate to property requirements.
• Advises guests, clients and team members on housekeeping matters.
• Participates in the property’s Manager on Duty program as needed.
• Selects, supervises trains, develops, schedules, disciplines, and counsels staff. Demonstrates positive leadership characteristics that empower and inspire employees to meet and exceed standards.
• Provides timely formal assessment of individual team members in alignment with the performance review policy and procedures.
• Maintains all safety standards and trains all staff on safety procedures. Actively participates in the established safety committee.
• Conducts training on job standards and areas of responsibility as needed.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• A college or university degree with three or more years’ experience in a management role at an inn, hotel, resort or equivalent
• Working knowledge of all applicable laws, codes and regulations
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Strong communication skills, including the ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests or the general public.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all applicable units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to create a team environment within and across departments.
• Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office, especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results.
• Strong financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements.
• Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building.
• Be a role model by consistently living the values of Columbia Hospitality
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, March 1, 2021
- Bothell, WA, USA
- Kenmore, WA, USA
- Lodge at St Edward Park, 14445 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, Washington, United States of America