Chief Engineer - Lodge at St. Edward
Chief of Engineering
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
The Lodge at St. Edward
A thoughtfully restored national historic landmark, The Lodge at St. Edward is a seminary building turned hotel nestled in a stunning 326-acre old-growth forested park and offers a Pacific Northwest experience like no other. As you enter the park, its iconic architecture catches you by surprise, matched with a whimsical décor that delights the human spirit. The Lodge at St Edward is scheduled to open on May 7, 2021
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Maintain the building’s physical, mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems are functioning efficiently.
• Ensure the security, cleanliness, preventive maintenance and repair of all engineering department tools, equipment and safety features are in accordance of established procedures and budgets.
• Effectively manage a team including but not limited to recruiting, training, scheduling, and managing performance of maintenance and engineering professionals.
• Ensure all maintenance and engineering storerooms and work spaces are kept in a clean and orderly manner and storing all tools, equipment and spare parts in proper location.
• Responsible for the proper treatment and care of tools and equipment used to perform tasks.
• Responsible to complete delegated work orders in a timely and professional manner.
• Able to work into the evening, nights, weekends and holiday shifts as required.
• Able to provide open and effective lines of communication and address issues or concerns in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Respond to after-hour calls as necessary.
• Reports and addresses unsafe conditions immediately.
• Other tasks as assigned.
THE NITTY GRITTY
• 7-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquires or complaints from residents, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Ability to interpret technical instructions, diagrams or blueprints.
• Ability to effectively perform painting, woodworking and general carpentry.
• Ability to perform maintenance and general repair.
• Must have knowledge and the ability to operate tools, hand tools and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
• Must be flexible and able to perform multiple tasks and work in stressful situations.
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, March 1, 2021
- Bothell, WA, USA
- Kenmore, WA, USA
- Lodge at St Edward Park, 14445 Juanita Dr NE, Kenmore, Washington, United States of America