Cook II - Lodge on the Desert
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Lodge on the Desert
Situated on five acres in mid-town Tucson, AZ against the majestic backdrop of the Santa Catalina Mountains, Lodge on the Desert is in a convenient and vibrant location. The authentic hacienda-style design of this 103-room boutique hotel appeals to both business and leisure travelers. Offering a charming experience for each unique traveler, guests can stay in the vintage charm of the historic Casita rooms or modern deluxe rooms with tasteful Southwestern décor.
THE ‘OMG!’ CULTURE
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is a Seattle-based hospitality management and consulting company with over 20 years of experience, featuring a portfolio of award-winning hotels, conference centers, private and public golf facilities, residential and distinctive venues. Columbia Hospitality has been continuously recognized as a Best Company to Work for in Washington. Seattle Business magazine recognizes 100 companies in the state for their commitment to creating a positive work environment for employees, and for setting the standard for leadership in the community.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
THE BRASS TACKS
• Utilizes specification sheets to prepare daily preparation requirements, maintains par levels of necessary items
• Prepares new menu items under direction of supervisor
• Ensures attractive, consistent presentations of food items, both buffet and plated
• Interacts/supervises line cooks to monitor quality, presentation and consistency of food items prepared
• Handles all needs and accommodates customer requests in a timely manner
• Sets up, re-stocks, maintains, and cleans food preparation areas
• Responsible for ensuring presentation standards are meet for all hot and cold items
• Reads and interprets recipes
• Conducts product inventories, ordering and receiving of product
• Responsible for team maintenance of grooming standards
• Responsible for team adherence to standards for sanitation and safe food handling
• Responsible for all opening and closing kitchen procedures
THE NITTY GRITTY
• Previous cooking experience required
• Necessary State Food Handler’s License(s)
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instruction, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization
• Must possess knife skills, the ability to adjust preparations for flavor, and accommodate customer’s needs in a timely manner
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Company Sponsored Life Insurance Policies
• Employee Assistance Program
• PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• Team Member Outings
• Diverse Work Group
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Committee Participation Opportunities (Fun, Philanthropic, Diversity/Inclusion)
• Upward Mobility Potential
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Sincerity | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lodge On The Desert, 306 N Alvernon Way, Tucson, Arizona, United States of America