Area General Manager - Columbia Hospitality - Ellensburg, WA Based
Area General Manager – Eastern WA
Hotel Windrow – Ellensburg, WA (Based)
Additional Properties TBD by skillset and experience
Is “YES” your favorite word? Are you full of enthusiasm and immensely determined to create an authentic and exceptional WOW moment at every threshold? If so, join us!
Own the Values. Make it Fun. Get it Done.
We bring people together. We inspire and empower our team to create exceptional experiences for our guests and phenomenal results for our property owners.
We are looking for an industry expert with an extensive background in hospitality to coach and mentor a team of property leaders to success. This position will be based in Ellensburg, WA at Hotel Windrow. Using a balanced approach, the Area General Manager will hold teams accountable and drive results. You must be a strong hands-on industry professional who can balance leadership, passion, and authenticity with exceptional operating discipline, vision, planning, and execution. Our values are of the utmost importance to us and the ideal candidate will be the embodiment of – Inclusion, Honesty, Sincerity, Respect, Creativity, Enthusiasm, and Accountability.
Hotel Windrow (Based):
Small town hospitality meets big city luxury in the heart of historic downtown Ellensburg. Central Washington’s newest boutique hotel offers 59 well-appointed guestrooms and 8,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space, including a 300 sq ft ballroom, all conveniently located less than one mile from Central Washington University. Basalt restaurant is simple yet unexpected, using fresh and diverse local ingredients to a create a new and unforgettable dining experience. Craft cocktails are a must, as is overlooking Main Street and the Kittitas Valley at the seasonal Top of the Burg rooftop deck. All guestrooms feature pillowtop mattresses and signature linens, coffeemakers, refrigerators and complimentary Wi-Fi to stay connected.
Hay farmers cut their crops into long “windrows” to dry. This time of rest is crucial for optimal production and overall success. This concept is the inspiration to Hotel Windrow and its team, who are committed to providing guests with a relaxing and rejuvenating experience to far exceed expectations.
THE BRASS TACKS
- Support training and provide coaching for all levels of management
- Demonstrate and encourage communication in a manner consistent with company culture
- Create an environment to motivate, teach, develop managers, and encourage teamwork
- Report regularly to Senior Leadership regarding each of their property’s performance and opportunities
- Proactively collaborate with People & Culture (P&C) to drive talent management strategies to build or acquire critical capabilities to develop and transform the organization
- Develop budgets and manage financials with all stakeholders for the properties of which you are responsible for
- Regularly review monthly financial reports for their properties to ensure that the annual budget is met
- Regularly visit all properties to audit cleanliness, maintenance, service standards and safety/operating procedures
- Support your property General Managers in overall management of all communities and team members
- Build strong on-site teams through consistent coaching
- Develop strategies for continued growth and ever improving operation efficiencies and service excellence
- Ensure values aligned communication and prompt response and follow up to team member concerns
- In summary you will be completing all duties and responsibilities as described in the following two documents that will be provided to you:
- Area Manager Senior Leader Job Scope Guidelines
- Property Performance Checklist
THE NITTY GRITTY
- At least 10 years progressive experience in a General Manager role at properties of similar operation (size, scope, style, market segment)
- Previous demonstrated success in multi-property management with multiple management level reports
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to write contracts, reports, business correspondence, and operations manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, managers, clients, guests or the general public
- Excellent general management skills, including time management, information analysis, planning and organizing, decision making, problem solving, and delivery of results
- Demonstrated financial management skills, including budget management, expense control, forecasting and analysis of financial statements
- Strong people management skills, including coaching, motivating, delegating, scheduling and relationship-building
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office Suite (Powerpoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent customer service orientation and focus on exceeding customer satisfaction
- Demonstrated success in values aligned leadership
• Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
• Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height.
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally
*Eligibility of perks is dependent upon job status
• Values Based Culture
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Coverage with Significant Columbia Contribution
• Company Contributed HSA/FSA Plan
• Amazing PTO Plan
• 401K Match
• “Columbia Cares” Volunteer Opportunities
• Discounted Lodging, Dining, Spa, Golf, and Retail
• Third Party Perks (Movie Tickets, Attractions, Other)
• Online Learning Platform
THE FINE PRINT
Columbia Hospitality, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive environment without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. We strive for excellence in every position within the company and select the most qualified people who embrace our service philosophy and these values.
Inclusion | Enthusiasm | Accountability | Respect | Creativity | Honesty
- Job Function Area General Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 10
- Job Start Date Monday, January 4, 2021
- 502 N Main St, Ellensburg, WA 98926, USA