About the Role:
Custom Glass Solutions is seeking a talented individual to join our Shipping Team! The shipping team is responsible for safely packaging and shipping flat glass products to various customers and applications. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who possess the ability to relate to employees at all levels. The shipping clerk will be required to set up and schedule trucks, receive product into procurement, file and manage freight claims. As unique situations present themselves the successful candidate must be sensitive to customer needs, corporate goals, and company reputation. The selected candidate will interface with all manufacturing departments at our Upper Sandusky, OH location.
- Will you work with customer service to follow up on shipping concerns and promptly resolve any issues?
- Can you quickly solve shipping and close-up issues, while offering solutions moving forward?
- Can you develop activity plans to maximize load conditions and minimize prepaid freight expenses?
- Will you manage the shipment and receipt of all products, while communicating with the procurement team on inventory levels?
- Can you successfully track the pull list and stock the staging areas for all outgoing shipments?
- Are you willing to work weekly overtime when needed?
You will succeed in this position if you:
- Possess (1-3) years shipping experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to work well in both team and individual role.
- Ability to read and follow work instructions without consent supervision.
- Willing to work overtime when needed.
- Previous experience in manufacturing packing, inspecting or assembly.
- Possess knowledge of shipping information, examples: Bill of lading, Pick list, HTS codes, Bark free containers, and ERP tracking experience. (preferred)
About the Team:
The shipping team oversees and keeps records of all shipping and receiving. More specifically, they are responsible for organizing, sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another. They monitor company packages from the start to finish, ensuring proper packing techniques and shipping practices. Each day our team goes above and beyond to carry out the Core Elements of our business: Safety First, Do the Right Thing, Wow the Customer, Relationships Matter, and a Can- Do Attitude!
About the Company:
Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products, with three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) and one Pennsylvania location (Trumbauersville). Our mission is to be the preferred provider of high-quality glass products, services and solutions. We deliver superior results by providing meaningful work for our employees, developing opportunities with our suppliers and cultivating strong partnerships with our customers.
What You Will Enjoy!
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish.
As part of our total compensation philosophy, CGS offers a competitive base salary, bonuses and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vision, prescription coverage, STD & optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and future opportunities for advancement.
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Upper Sandusky, OH 43351, USA