Senior Commodity Buyer
About the Role:
NASG is seeking a talented individual to join our procurement team. The Senior Commodity Buyer is responsible for the continuity of material supply, maintaining proper inventory levels and to support on-time production schedules. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who possess the ability to relate to employees at all levels. The Senior Commodity Buyer with interface with both internal and external customers in order to assess product suitability, price and delivery. As unique situations present themselves the selected candidate must be sensitive to customer needs, corporate goals, and company reputation. The selected candidate will be based out of our Trumbaursville, PA location and will report to the Operations Manager.
· Will you prepare and process purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment in line with business requirements?
· Do you specialize in procurement, cost reduction, inventory control, material requirement planning, process control, minimum and maximum systems, as well as, Kanban systems?
· Can you utilize Funnel Management processes and techniques to prioritize and drive PPV and VAVE savings projects?
· Will you lead supplier management through supplier qualification process, which may include site visits and audits, that incorporates accepted standards of practice based on SQDIP to further vet potential supplier candidates?
· Are you comfortable driving problem analysis and corrective action from scorecard metrics reporting thus, initiating continuous improvement activities in order to support better procurement functions?
· Can you easily navigate ERP systems and reports to generate accurate data to drive improvement across all procurement efforts?
You will succeed in this position if you:
· Acquires a Bachelor’s degree in related field and has a minimum of 3 years procurement experience.
· Understands Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen Concepts (Six Sigma training preferred)
· Posses a proven track record of experience, success and results in procurement; ideally in the Automotive, Agriculture, Marine and Aerospace industries.
· Demonstrates the ability to collaborate with teams and customers to drive results, while keeping cost down.
· Acquires the ability to proactively track changes in the market and readily adjust to new trends in order to give NASG the competitive edge.
· Demonstrates a highly motivated work ethic, all while being results oriented and self-driven without constant supervision.
· Posses the ability to stay organized with a high attention to detail, as well as, exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills.
About the Team:
At NASG the Senior Commodity Buyer provides professional, knowledgeable, efficient and honest service, all while being respectful and building strong internal and external customer relationships. This team strives to support NASG operations by keeping accurate inventory levels of needed supplies, execute timely cycle counts and minimize dead stock and scrap. Our goal is to deliver a high-quality glass product by collaborating with suppliers, all while working with our internal production team to meet customer demands. Each day our team goes above and beyond to carry out the Core Elements of our business: Safety First, Do the Right Thing, Wow the Customer, Relationships Matter, and a Can- Do Attitude!
About the Company:
Custom Glass Solutions is one of the world's premier manufacturers of large format laminated glass products, with three Ohio locations (Worthington, Upper Sandusky, and Fostoria) and one Pennsylvania location (Trumbauersville). Our mission is to be the preferred provider of high-quality glass products, services and solutions. We deliver superior results by providing meaningful work for our employees, developing opportunities with our suppliers and cultivating strong partnerships with our customers.
What You Will Enjoy!
We have an exceptionally talented workforce that we value above all else. We are fully invested in our employees and provide them with hands-on training, compensation that is based upon individual contribution, unlimited career growth opportunities, and the motivation to be and do more. We take great pride in a workplace culture where our employees have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary. We are also very proud of a management structure that is designed to avoid bureaucratic nonsense and allows our entrepreneurial-minded employees to flourish.
As part of our total compensation philosophy, CGS offers a competitive base salary, bonuses and a wide variety of benefits including health/dental/life insurance, vision, prescription coverage, STD & optional LTD, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan, and future opportunities for advancement.
Custom Glass Solutions, LLC. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Pay Type Salary
- Trumbauersville, PA, USA