Commodity Buyer Specialist
Position Title: Buyer/Commodity Specialist
Pay Status: Exempt
Reports to: Operations Manager
Custom Glass Solutions and NASG Holdings LLC. are industry leaders in the design, development and manufacture of glass and polycarbonate laminate technology. NASG, located in Milford Township, Pennsylvania, serves customers around the world with quality designed safety and security glass glazing systems for transportation, military, agriculture, marine, and other specialty applications. We are looking for a highly motivated individual with knowledge and expertise in multi-commodity procurement to further build his/her experience and bring additional value to our team and customers.
The NASG Buyer/Commodity Specialist is responsible for the continuity of material supply, maintaining proper inventory levels to support on-time production schedules, with impeccable quality at the right price.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment in line with business requirements.
- Specializes in procurement, cost reduction, inventory control, material requirement planning, process control, min/max systems, and Kanban systems.
- Utilizes Funnel Management processes and techniques to prioritize and drive PPV & VAVE savings projects.
- Leads supplier management through a supplier qualification process, which may include site visits and audits, that incorporates accepted standards of practice, based on SQDIP, to help consider, evaluate and qualify potential supplier candidates.
- Drives problem analysis and corrective action from scorecard metrics reporting. Initiates improvement activities to streamline business process for procurement function and drives the documentation and implementation of enhanced businesses processes.
- Keeps an awareness of and stays current on commodity trends in the marketplace.
- Responsible for working with Cross-Functional teams to help drive and deliver innovation and new products by assisting in implementing strategic cost techniques to minimize upstream costs.
- Follows ISO, DOS, FAR and all regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Some travel may be required up to 10%.
- Provide necessary support to Sales during the quotation process and upon receipt of orders
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of experience, success and results in procurement; preferably in the transit, automotive, agriculture, marine and/or aerospace industries
- Highly motivated, results oriented, and self-driven
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with teams and customers to drive results
- Ability to build rapport and collaborate with others externally and within the company.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills required
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented with excellent planning, and organizational skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and Kaizen concepts.
- ERP experience preferred developing and troubleshooting procurement reports and demand/supply data integrity
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Min 3 years’ procurement / supply chain experience
- Pay Type Salary
- Trumbauersville, PA, USA