VP/FVP, Branch Manager
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on the Forbes Best Banks in America 2021 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Branch Manager is responsible for the overall success of the branch with a primary focus on retaining banking relationships and developing new business for the bank.
The incumbent supervises the entire staff within the branch.
- Management of and total accountability for a branch office in meeting administrative, Compliance, operational, sales and service, and profitability objectives of the bank.
- Make regular business development calls to solicit new business (loans, deposits) or improve services to clients.
- Oversee and/or train/guide staff to provide clients with appropriate Bank products and services.
- Insure that staff members provide continuous quality service to clients.
- Represent the bank in the community through involvement in various civic and charitable activities.
- Assure compliance with the bank’s policies and procedures.
- Maintain non-discriminatory practices in business.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Sales & Service Responsibilities
- Set annual personal performance plan/goals and weekly sales plan/goals for the branch staff.
- Assess sales results of the branch.
- Work with marketing dept. to develop sales programs and/or campaigns.
- Hold weekly sales/service meetings for briefings and debriefings.
- Motivate staff to solicit sales and give commendable service.
- Supervise training of staff on product knowledge, sales and service techniques.
- Provide clients with appropriate bank products and services to meet the clients’ needs.
- Build/enhance business relationship with clients.
- Lending Responsibilities
- Make business development calls to solicit loans.
- Maintain, promote, enhance business relationship with clients.
- Administration Responsibilities
- Set annual budget and business goal for the branch.
- Monitor monthly income and control expense of the branch.
- Ensure a satisfactory branch overall audit.
- Monitor performance of the staff that are under the manager’s direct supervision. Coach and counsel them when needed. Ensure proper guidance is given to those who indirectly report to branch management.
- Arrange for appropriate training and cross training of staffs when needed.
- Address and resolve human resource issues when needed.
- Understand personnel policies and procedures and treat staffs fairly.
- Operations Responsibilities
- Oversee/monitor performance of operations staff to ensure all policies/procedures are compliant with bank guidelines
- Ensure a satisfactory branch audit is met.
- Have designated authority to approve loans, overdrafts, checks, withdrawals, fee reversals, and other items.
- Sign official checks and other documents.
- Provide signature guaranty.
- Have authority to directly resolve errors and clients complaints.
- Hire and fire staff with the concurrence of senior management and Human Resources department personnel.
- College degree in business or finance preferred.
- At least 3-5 years banking experience to include 2 years branch management in a commercial bank preferred.
- Good knowledge of commercial lending products.
- Thorough knowledge of federal/state and IRS regulations.
- Leadership qualities: ability to plan, organize, motivate, supervise, and delegate.
- Ability to create a team environment.
- Accountable; ability to make decisions and assume responsibility for those decisions.
- Strong sales and sales management ability.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to conduct business development calls.
- Bilingual Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- Chinatown, Los Angeles, CA, USA