SVP, Director of Deposit Operations
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on the Forbes Best Banks in America 2021 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Customer Service and Risk Management
Leadership Development and Succession Planning
1. Manages operations activities for assigned functional areas and provide direct oversight to department managers. Establishes performance standards, goals, and objectives for the responsible areas.
2. Provides leadership and development of direct reports and leadership team to ensure the highest level of performance and competence of Deposit Operations administration; builds a deep bench of high performing employees with successorship plans, cross-training and stretch goals and objectives for each team member.3. May lead the development and enhancement of systems through technology and automation, equipment, or training procedures or programs which will support products and/or services; may participate in various bank committees or bank wide user groups to represent operations department on training or system needs.4. Proactively participates in Bank efficiency and automation initiatives and provide operations information and expertise with a sense of urgency in support of deployment and improvement of process and/or products.
5. Plans and schedules activities within the areas of responsibility and coordinates with related departments; ensures operational schedules are met.
6. Acts as liaison with branch and/or departments to jointly resolve problems. Communicates and interacts with Bank staff to produce effective procedures and workflow to ensure quality service levels are maintained.
7. Identifies opportunities for the centralization of manual work to be removed from customer-facing bankers.
8. Interfaces with other departments, regions, vendors, agencies, etc. to effectively resolve customer service issues. Follows up with resolution of problems to ensure timely response and customer satisfaction.
9. Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and regulatory laws and policies, and internal operating policies, procedures and audit standards. Responsible for responding to audit exceptions. Ensures appropriate mitigants are in place to minimize repeat exceptions.
10. Implements and monitors tracking and performance monitoring mechanisms, as necessary. Provides required reporting to keep Executive Management apprised of operations activities; makes presentations and recommendations to improve customer experience, reduce cost, generate income, create efficiencies, or mitigate risk.
11. May negotiate with attorneys on collection efforts and losses. May file claims actions to represent the best interests of the Bank. May negotiate and expedite loss claims; provide/obtain approvals
12. May collaborate with other bank professionals and law enforcement agencies to minimize loss exposure
13. Maintain knowledge of all products and services offered in Deposit Operations. Keeps abreast of new products and services as well as changes to existing products and services, industry trends, laws and regulations affecting banking operations
14. Develops and maintains contingency or disaster recovery plans for the operations function and implement plan(s)
15. Plans, develops, establishes, and controls budget functions for the operations department.
· Strong organizational, managerial and project management skills.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- Rosemead, CA, USA