Sr. Field Examiner
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
The Sr. Field Examiner performs in-depth examinations on
the books, records, and operations of Cathay Bank’s prospective and existing
customers. They assist the Account Officers, Collateral Analysts, and/or
Underwriters in understanding the issues involved in Asset Based Loan (ABL)
structuring and collateral monitoring. They work with the Collateral Control
Department Manager on special projects as they relate to the establishment of
new procedures or the operation of the Collateral Control Department.
- Handles the more complex and sensitive examinations and acts as field exam team leader.
- Accountable for assessing the customer's financial position, the adequacy and quality of the collateral, and compliance with loan agreements.
- Draws independent conclusions and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Performs analysis of cash, accounts receivable, inventory, fixed assets, accounts payable, taxes, and other general ledger accounts.
- Evaluates the customer operational procedures and reporting requirements to ensure that the information being reported to the bank is properly stated.
- Identifies and evaluates problem areas and makes recommendations to clear deficiencies.
- Reviews examinations of other examiners to ensure procedures specified by the Collateral Control Department Manager is followed and collateral values are stated accurately.
- Trains and helps with the development of new examiners and other Collateral Control Department staff.
- Visits existing and prospective customers to explain Asset-Based lending matters.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in either Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field.
- Experience: At least 5 years’ experience as a Field Examiner in a bank/finance company asset based lending environment.
- Skills/Ability: Microsoft Excel, Word, and Data Mining Software such as Monarch. Demonstrated ability to identify and analyze complex asset based lending situations and make appropriate recommendations.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- Chinatown, Los Angeles, CA, USA