Relationship Banker II
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:VideoClip 1
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Responsible for primarily opening new accounts, cross-selling bank products/services, referring customers to other areas of the bank as appropriate, and resolving customer service issues. As needed, will process teller transactions and provide operational support. Process transactions with accuracy and efficiency while delivering an overall professional and exceptional customer experience. Follow regulations and bank security procedures to protect customers as well as minimize risk to the bank.
- Perform all aspects of new account opening procedures for all bank products/services.
- Answer customer inquiries, make appropriate financial solutions and recommendations, and assist with problem resolution.
- Perform customer service functions such as check orders, change of address, return mail processing, supersede signature cards, and other account maintenance changes.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information as well as Bank proprietary information.
Sales and Service:
- Identify sales opportunities to cross-sell bank products and services to ensure customers’ financial goals are met.
- Provide quality personalized customer service, maintain frequent customer contact to expand relationships and ensure customer retention.
- Maintain open communication with Bank business partners and make referrals as appropriate (e.g. Financial Advisors, Mortgage Loan Originators, Commercial Lenders).
- Proactively support branch new business promotions.
- Perform deposits and withdrawal transactions.
- Reconcile and balance teller cash drawer.
- Process outgoing wires.
- Essential functions of Safe Deposit box (e.g. entry, opening, maintenance).
- Assist customers with problem resolution.
- Assist in ATM balancing.
- Detect and report fraudulent or suspicious activities by completing BSA reporting as required, Currency Transactions Reports or Monetary Instrument Reports.
- College degree in business, accounting or finance preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years of cash handling, customer service in a retail environment, or sales experience required. Banking experience is a plus.
- Minimum 1 year of new accounts, sales experience, or relevant banking experience, preferred.
- Motivated to consistently provide our customers with excellent service and help them achieve their financial goals.
- PC literate and typing proficient. Previous experience with data entry, 10-key, banking software, and Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook a plus.
- Detail-oriented and organized – can multi-task, work well under pressure and follow through on commitments.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills – can make personal connections, engage and educate the customer, ask open-ended questions, listen to establish trust and build lasting relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to assess customer needs, provide appropriate solutions or recommendations, and optimize sales opportunities to new and existing customers
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Ability to give and receive feedback to improve skills and job knowledge.
- Able to work weekends and extended hours as required to meet business demands
- Bilingual English/Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) preferred.
- May obtain (optional) MLO (Mortgage Loan Originator) status to originate mortgage loans. Must possess an active registration or be eligible for registration under the Nationwide Licensing System and Registry (NMLS).
- Able and willing to commute as required for business needs.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or
firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests
only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA