Credit Analysis Officer
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
Participates and follows established Bank policies and department procedures in the loan on-boarding process by providing credit and loan analytical expertise to a team of Commercial Loan Officers. Analyzes prospective loan transactions and credit worthiness of new and existing borrowers. Prepares credit analysis and may provide opinions and recommendations regarding proposed credit and potential risks to both collateral and financial performance. Ensures all due diligence and background evaluation is complete and thorough on a loan request so credit approval can be considered.
The incumbent has no direct reports.
- Reviews existing loan exposure, proposed extensions of credit and financial information; evaluates credit structure and terms; determines sources and uses of funds; analyzes industry data, competitive factors, historical performance, projected results, risks, and mitigating factors.
- Under the direction of the Underwriting Manager and/or in concert with the Account Officer, contacts borrowers directly, as appropriate, for additional information and details related to loan requests or for clarification of financial materials and resources.
- May suggest credit alternatives and creative ways to structure credits ensuring that transactions are within portfolio risk standards. May authors credit approval report.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on all Bank lending policies and regulations. Confers with the appropriate Bank personnel regarding new/existing lending requirements and regulations.
- Required to complete customized training in CAD.
- College degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field preferred.
- Intermediate accounting is required or must be completed within 12 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of credit, accounting, credit procedures and financial statement analysis.
- At least 3 years of working experience in analyzing and underwriting lower to middle market commercial credit (C&I or CRE transactions), which includes analyzing financial statements, cash flow analysis, ability to research various industries, identify collateral issues and values, determine appropriate loan structuring and analysis of guarantor personal financial statements and tax returns.
- Minimum 3 years of actual authorship of credit approval report,
Good knowledge of commercial credit policies and procedures.
Good organizational and analytical skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present clear and precise recommendations based upon analysis of a loan structure and request.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and in teams and interact effectively with most levels of Bank personnel and outside contacts.
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and financial spreading program such as CASH Insight.
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- El Monte, CA, USA