Sr. Internal Auditor
People Drive Our Success
Are you enthusiastic, highly motivated, and have a strong work ethic? Would you like to work for a company that is ranked Top 20 on Forbes’ Best Banks in America 2020 list? If yes, come join our team! At Cathay Bank – we strive to provide a caring culture that supports your aspirations and success. We believe people are our most valuable asset and we proudly foster growth and development empowering you to achieve your professional goals. We have thrived for nearly 60 years and persevered through many economic cycles due to our team members’ drive and optimism. Together we can make a difference in the financial future of our communities.
We offer a competitive benefits package and comprehensive training programs so you can focus on your long-term professional career and your next steps at Cathay Bank. Apply today!
What our team members are saying:
Learn more about us at cathaybank.com
- Lead the execution of Financial, operational, Compliance and SOX audit process from start to finish, including planning and audit execution according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements (including operational enhancements or efficiencies) and preparing audit reports. Effectively manage audit budget and deadlines. Provide updates to management on progress.
- Review work performed by other team members where applicable and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
- Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames and that delays/issues/concerns are communicated to Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
- Stay abreast of audit and accounting standards and emerging issues in the areas applicable to the company.
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of business activities, objectives, applicable laws, regulations, and associated risks to the company and industry.
- Responsible for developing the audit staff by performing effective work paper review, preparing constructive interim and annual performance evaluations and providing training opportunities.
- May participate in various key management committees, acting in an advisory capacity.
- Identify opportunities for, and participate in approved special projects, investigations or other significant business issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4-6 years related audit experience - in a Bank or Financial Services industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Knowledgeable about the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends.
- Deep understanding of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the execution of assignments and communication with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to work closely and collaboratively with people at all levels in the department and within the organization.
- Strong analytical thinker and detail oriented with the ability to proactively identify issues and assist in resolution.
- Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- CPA, CIA or other related professional certification a plus
- Additional qualifications, such as CFE, CAMS also preferred
Cathay Bank is an equal opportunity employer. It is the Bank’s policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cathay Bank endeavors to make www.CathayBank.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact, Lori Burquez, VP, Sr. Employee Relations Manager, at (626) 279-3666 or email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley póster en español. Poster- Spanish
Clic aquí para ver la EEO es la Ley suplemento en español.Supplement- Spanish
- Pay Type Salary
- El Monte, CA, USA